Reliance Night Booster Zoom 1

kolguy

Adept
So after after 4 long years and many frustrations and runs ins with the customer care. Finaly decided its time to move on and stop using my 1699 1mbps unlimted .... i am looking at several options ... as of now the one that looks the best is the following plan from Reliance
Reliance Night Booster Zoom 1

Day : 1 Mbps
Night : 2 Mbps
Price: 1499 monthly.

Night Usage : 10 pm to 8 am

they also have quaterly/half yearly and yearly payment options which reduces the total costs.

So anyone here that already uses this plan ?

i dont see any mention of a FUP .. is such a concept existing with them ?

How is reliance connectivity overall ?

ok first i'll answer your questions here...

i'm using this plan. reliance connectivity is pretty good... if you are a gamer, their routing is pretty decent so you will get good pings to servers in south east asia/europe etc. downtime is minimal... apart from equipment failure which is random, downtime happens only once every few months. their customer service is pretty good(*)... you can call them up 24/7 and they will solve any problems with your connection inside a day or two. at least, that's been my experience with them over the years. there's no fup bullshit at all... daytime download speeds are 110-120KBps, night time speeds are ~220KBps.

* i'm going to share my experience here in the hope that it can help someone else. when i say their customer service is good, i'm talking about the technical side of things. here's what happened... i've been using reliance broadband for at least a couple of years now. i was earlier on a 2mbps limited plan, shifted to 600kbps unlimited and then 1mbps unlimited last year. now at that time, 1mbps unlimited was 1mbps 24 hours a day for 1499. this night time 2mbps speed boost is a new upgrade they made only a couple of months ago. but of course, they did not inform existing customers of the same. if you ask me, they should just bump up all their existing customers to this plan without even bothering to ask them, but if not, they could have called or sent a flyer with the bill or an sms or something to indicate that this new plan was available. but they did nothing. not surprising, this is india after all. why would they offer better service for no benefit to themselves. i only got my plan changed to this 1mbps day, 2mbps night yesterday, after randomly visiting the reliance website and finding out that they have been charging the same amount from me and not providing full service for the last 2 months.

now i'm sure this upgrade was talked about on techenclave but i missed it back then. and if users of a tech forum miss it, what are the odds that the average person will find out? so if anyone else was like me, and if you are using a 1mbps unlimited reliance plan, there is now an upgrade for 2mbps at night at the same price and you should call them up to ask for it, because they won't do it on their own.

spindoctor said:
* i'm going to share my experience here in the hope that it can help someone else. when i say their customer service is good, i'm talking about the technical side of things. here's what happened... i've been using reliance broadband for at least a couple of years now. i was earlier on a 2mbps limited plan, shifted to 600kbps unlimited and then 1mbps unlimited last year. now at that time, 1mbps unlimited was 1mbps 24 hours a day for 1499. this night time 2mbps speed boost is a new upgrade they made only a couple of months ago. but of course, they did not inform existing customers of the same. if you ask me, they should just bump up all their existing customers to this plan without even bothering to ask them, but if not, they could have called or sent a flyer with the bill or an sms or something to indicate that this new plan was available. but they did nothing. not surprising, this is india after all. why would they offer better service for no benefit to themselves. i only got my plan changed to this 1mbps day, 2mbps night yesterday, after randomly visiting the reliance website and finding out that they have been charging the same amount from me and not providing full service for the last 2 months.

now i'm sure this upgrade was talked about on techenclave but i missed it back then. and if users of a tech forum miss it, what are the odds that the average person will find out? so if anyone else was like me, and if you are using a 1mbps unlimited reliance plan, there is now an upgrade for 2mbps at night at the same price and you should call them up to ask for it, because they won't do it on their own.
hahaha, the exact same thing happened to me and I was complaining the same to my friends and parents. I too, was on the 1 mbps unlimited plan and upgraded to the Zoom 1 plan sometime back. It is amazing how they don't even inform their current subscribers about their new plans. And no, it has not been discussed on TE even once till now. Wish I had made a thread regarding this earlier, you would have been able to use the new plan then. :)

Coming back to the thread, +1 to all that spindoctor said regarding the customer care and downtime and the speeds. Everything is pretty good.

Go for it without any worries. Just remember, the bill comes to 1700 with the taxes and all. Don't forget that when opting for the plan. But there is no FUP at all with Reliance. Atleast none till now. And I'm a very heavy downloader. My data transfer (upload + download) is nearing 300-500GB per month.

^.. This looks like an interesting plan if no FUP is involved. But which cities are covered with this plan. I am not able to get that info. If its Pan India then AIRTEL should loose quite a lot of customers...

Its for all India.. But the only problem is its valid only for Wired lines..

Wimax connections cannot avail this plan and 1000kbps unlimited on wimax is 2.2K + taxes.

I have just today been FUPd by Airtel and I am not liking it one bit. If Airtel doesn't take a positive action - they say its an error on their part and will be rectified soon - I am switching to Reliance assuming of course that there is no FUP. Airtel can go FUP (screw) themselves.

Bumping an old thread.

I might be opting for this connection. Just spoke to a CC executive and he has collected all the relevant details. He did cross-check the pin code of my area to find out if the connection is available and seemed like it did.

However, when I wanted to opt for this connection sometime back, Reliance did not get back to me on this. Pretty saddening to know despite the fact that their customer service is pretty prompt. I had a colleague who had a monthly postpaid connection before (600kbps IIRC) and he did comment that they had a very competent customer service. Unlike Youtele and Hathway. I had sent a mail expressing my interest and someone did respond mentioning that they would contact me back but nada. Did not happen.

Opting from a cheaper wireless connection (BSNL 3G UL for a period of 6 months) to an expensive wired connection is definitely depressing. I wouldn't mind paying 1500 a month as long as it goes well without frequent disconnections and other problems.

Gannu said:
Bumping an old thread.

I might be opting for this connection. Just spoke to a CC executive and he has collected all the relevant details. He did cross-check the pin code of my area to find out if the connection is available and seemed like it did.

However, when I wanted to opt for this connection sometime back, Reliance did not get back to me on this. Pretty saddening to know despite the fact that their customer service is pretty prompt. I had a colleague who had a monthly postpaid connection before (600kbps IIRC) and he did comment that they had a very competent customer service. Unlike Youtele and Hathway. I had sent a mail expressing my interest and someone did respond mentioning that they would contact me back but nada. Did not happen.

Opting from a cheaper wireless connection (BSNL 3G UL for a period of 6 months) to an expensive wired connection is definitely depressing. I wouldn't mind paying 1500 a month as long as it goes well without frequent disconnections and other problems.
me too in the same boat . wanting to take a rel connection, called them up, was promised to be called soon , can you provide any mail id of them ?

I had inquired about the same about a month back and the sales rep was persistent on sticking me with their "uber-expensive" Wi-Max plan, which I didn't want in the first place. I asked them to run a feasibility check for wired line in my area and he said the address where I'm located doesn't have support laid out for wired connection yet. Didn't really bother following up with them after that, as it doesn't make any sense.

Ethan_Hunt said:
I had inquired about the same about a month back and the sales rep was persistent on sticking me with their "uber-expensive" Wi-Max plan, which I didn't want in the first place. I asked them to run a feasibility check for wired line in my area and he said the address where I'm located doesn't have support laid out for wired connection yet. Didn't really bother following up with them after that, as it doesn't make any sense.
how have you contacted the sales rep of your area ? calling at their national toll free helpline ?

another question for existing rel users " is there any way to get a combo plan on a non -adsl way like metro ethernet ?

I filled the from in their site on friday and got a call yesterday. The rep took my address n said he'll get back to me. :)

I've got a response from broadband@relianceada.com last Saturday. It read:

Thank you for contacting Reliance Customer Care.

With reference to your e-mail regarding "New Broadband Internet Connection", kindly note that we have taken up your details and our sales team will check feasibility. They will get back to you within 7 days, if the connection can be provided.
We look forward to an opportunity to assist you again.

Yours sincerely,

Let us see how it goes. But preference goes for the EVDO connection since it is wireless. Can carry around the netbook anywhere within the residence.

Hi,
Even I am currently on the F***** up FUP plan of Airtel. Had filled the reliance online form. Their representative was pretty prompt. Called me within a couple of days if I remember correctly. Came this saturday and collected the details and a check of Rs 500. Lets see how long it takes to set me on. I just can't wait to get off airtel.

Back