reliance wimax and torrents

i am making a shift to reliance wimax. i just needed to know a few things.

1. how good is its connection near bhandup or mulund.
2. does anyone have 150 plan (i want to go for 600 once my tata plan finishes in june till then i want a smaller plan).. how much download rate is achieved in it
3. i hope not much rain related disruption
4. can i move the antenna myself if i shift house in mumbai
5. how good is port forwarding in it

regards
neo

Hi,

I live @ malabar hill and for me the connection is very stable. it logs u out every 24 hrs and therez no downtime whatsoever. I have the 400k flat ul plan and cost is 999+tax but scheme available is 4995 for 6 months. Speeds ate excellent on torrents, i get speeds of btw 40k to 75k on all registered trackers and speeds of 40k to 50k on public trackers. RS speeds are also good, as i get 50k on http. Torrents, no issue if u have a port which is open and letme tell u that reliance doesnot block ports, unless u have a router of ur own theni guess u need to forward ur own. This is my 1st year with the service so honestly, wouldnt be able to comment about the issues caused by rains. I dont think u can move the antena urself, u would have to call the customer care ppl and they would arrange the network team to do the shifting which infact also depends to which area u are moving to and the network availability in that particuar area.

I guess this answers all ur queries, if anything else, pls post again....

i have paid them yesterday in chembur...and guy told within 2 days ill get connection ill call and will check tomm if the guy can instal

Stay at Sion.

Got the 400UL connection on saturday.

The guy took a good couple of hours to get the signal right.

Torrent speeds are great.

Am getting speeds between 40-50KBps on public trackers.

Connection is very stable too.

And ya.. you can't really shift the antenna yourself.

We wouldn't have the tools to measure the signal strength et all.

my bad luk....the guy came at my place......

First he came ard 2 hrs l8....

Than he found 2 near hub...but both has been commercially disable for pvt party use except for commercial one....

got a connection for a hub ard 3 kms away but said wont provide as the signal was btw 16-18....and not the stable 20 one......

Said once the area hub becomes available will connect later...

so i had to stopped chq payment...

but while checking on that far away hub was getting decent speed.....but also chances of misallignment was high so i didnt forced him to let it be as it is...

So in short need to b with hathway again bad luk...

Now need to check that mtnl unlimit plan providing upto 2 mbps speed or not

can you give me his number, might ask him if reliance has any hub near my area... else why bother to even call them if they dont have any hubs...

regards

neo

Back