Android Removing bloatware without root

I just tried this tool yesterday on a new Poco. I found that it's unable to actually remove (i.e. uninstall for user 0) most some of the apps in the list. I can successfully remove those same apps using adb shell.
Btw, does anyone know if the mi account and mi cloud apps are needed in order to successfully complete the waiting period for bootloader unlock?

I think Rockfella has also posted the same. There might be some overlap.
Services disabled- mi cloud, partner netflix activation, wmservice, wallpaper carousel,notes
Once I removed the Xiaomi SIM Activate Service and faced issues with calls so don't remove that.
Wallpaper carousel can't be uninstalled.
I serioulsy wonder what is so important in carousel that it can't be uninstalled. After beating my head, disabled it.

Attachments

• Untitled 1_cmp.jpg
    Untitled 1_cmp.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Untitled 2_cmp.jpg
    Untitled 2_cmp.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Untitled 3_cmp.jpg
    Untitled 3_cmp.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 97
  • Untitled 4_cmp.jpg
    Untitled 4_cmp.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 95
Is it safe to uninstall miui analytics, app vault and other mi services/apps? Has anyone posted a list of services which are safe to be removed?

Try uninstalling with adb, you should be able to.
It does not. Instead of doing all the house keeping I hide useless app in Nova and switch off these settings in dev options. Instant noticeable performance jump. Scanner and few other MI apps can be useful at times. Scanner is useful to scan some menus in some restaurants.
DEV.jpg

I remember using the scanner here:

IMG_20201005_153954.jpg

MI Calculator is also good with all conversions etc.

Last edited:
Yes, well, this thread being a discussion for those who are concerned about those, saying hide the apps isn't really a helpful suggestion.

Yes, well, this thread being a discussion for those who are concerned about those, saying hide the apps isn't really a helpful suggestion.
The OP just wants to get rid of bloatware he did not mention privacy and ads IIRC. Check first post.

> Recommended to remove services mentioned there? Though I don't use them but I don't want them to mess up with any ota update.

Back