Car & Bike Renewal of registration of 15 year old car

ibose

Skilled
So the 15 year anniversary of our beloved Zen Estilo will be celebrated in a few months. It was registered in Howrah, West Bengal. I was seeking some help with queries pertaining to renewing it's registration -
1. Are they allowing renewal of registration for 15+ year old cars ? Afaik, they allow, if it passes a fitness check.
2. What all documents will be required ?
3. Now I no longer reside in the original address in a Howrah and have moved to Kolkata. So where do I need to go for the renewal given that I will need to update the address anyways.
4. Can I request for the renewal before the current tenure ends ?
5. I suppose that getting hold of an agent will be better but I am open to suggestions.
6. Anything else I need to be cognizant of ?
If anyone has gone through this process in Kolkata or Howrah, please do share your experience.

1. Yes
2. Depends on state to state. I only had to give my original RC, a copy of my DL as address/identity proof here in karnataka.
3. You need to take the car back to where your current owner's address resides.
4. Renewal is allowed only a month prior to expiry
5. Yes. makes life easier

1. Usually yes, unless there is some state policy in effect
2. I recall aadhar and DL copy, old RC, Insurance policy, and I had to share some OTP with my agent
6. Fitness test is very strict - Consult with your agent. With the right agent, things can be a lot simpler ;)

3. Now I no longer reside in the original address in a Howrah and have moved to Kolkata. So where do I need to go for the renewal given that I will need to update the address anyways.
If you haven't transferred the car rc then YES!

Back