Replace earbud or buy a new pair of TWS

I have a 2 year old TWS - the Realme Buds Air 3.
It is exactly 2 years old since I bought it.

While the case and left earbud are fine, the right earbud refuses to charge. I have tried cleaning the contacts inside the case and the contacts on the stalk itself but it still doesn't charge.

I called Realme service near me and they told me it'll cost ₹1700 for just the right earbud. But some discount might apply and if my luck is right, it'll be ₹1200.

Now I'm wondering whether I should :

1. Replace the earbud alone and hope that both the left earbud and the case don't die on me.

2. Buy a new cheap TWS (<1200) and use it for as long as it works and then throw it out.
Looking for recommendations for these.

3. Buy a good quality one like the buds 5 and hope it lasts more than 2 years.
Looking for recommendations for these too.
I was thinking of buying these - Boult Klarity 3.

They have everything I want them to, but I'd like to know whether the music quality will be a huge drop from my current setup. The online reviews give it an okayish rating.

My use case -
Not an audiophile by a long shot, but I like my music to be clean.
Online classes.
Movies/Shows.
I'll probably not wear them more than 6 hours a day with breaks in between.
Would like ANC, but can survive without it too.

Thanks guys.

Maybe look at CMF buds at 2k. But honestly check some online videos & comparisons before taking a call. I found 2-3k ones good enough for most (I'm using Nord Buds 2, know people with oppo & realme ones). But cheap ones, like under 1k ones are not that great, battery life is also low relatively.

Depends on your use. If its every day for several hours then maybe better to get something new so both buds start at the same level

Otherwise get the old one repaired

Back