Laptops Replace Vista with XP on XPS 1530

iccy88

Disciple
has anyone tried installing XP on XPS? Is there any problem doin same?
Vista is consuming hell lot of RAM of my XPS which is limiting its performance. So people please tell me is it suggestible uninstalling vista and install XP? :S

go ahead u can install it without any issues and if somehow u wont able to still easy ask anyone anyways one help u its easy dont wry i did this many time enjoy

i don't think Dell has released XP drivers for XPS 1530 so u might face some driver issues with XP. My friend installed XP on his Inspiron 1520 bcoz Dell released XP drivers for 1520.

There was a similar thread abt XP on 1530 few days ago. Search the forums for that thread to find more info.

well no drivers on dell for xps 1530 for xp but if u have xp drivers it will work fine as one of my friend did same with xps 1530 it takes 2 days to find all the drivers then it was fine

if possible can the moderators or explosive members or the hyper active members give these noobs the links for installing drivers for xp..Sorry if this is too much to ask..but u people would have an idea on where to search for the drivers as i googled it but cant find the exact thing...

... if u face probs with xp drivers, or if they r not available, do remember that dell does sell xps with ubuntu... and that doesn't really need all that many drivers as xp..... so you could give ubuntu a try instead.

best of luck ..with it ..one of my friend tried doing the same with some drivers he got from the net..and he screwed ..up..the Vista installation and the inbuilt Media program of DELL..and now though he's got XP ...its working really very slow..

^^ hmm my friend told me that ..but he is such a noob ...he totally screwed it up ...an yeah how do u get that finger print recognition thing to work in windows xp log in screen ??

why go for xp??? i have been using 1530 with Vista for more than 4 months now... no probs ever..

Vista is consuming hell lot of RAM of my XPS which is limiting its performance.

dont look into the ram usage.. Xp and Vista uses ram in different way. vista tries to utilize the available ram all the time.. thats why the ram usage is high.. its just a precache and will be flushed when u load an intensive app.. dont worry..

Back