Budget 41-50k Replacing old system for gaming

Vinny_Nbr

Disciple
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i5 6500
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte B150M DS3H
    • GPU - GTX 1600 Super
    • RAM - Corsair 8 GB DDR4 2133
    • Monitor - Benq 2420 HD
    • PSU - Corsair CX 430
    • HDD - Samsung 850 EVO 256 GB
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor
    • HDD
    • RAM
    • GPU
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • None. Looking for options. Kindly stick to the 50K budget.
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months
    • RAM (8*2 DDR4/5)
    • HDD (1TB)
    • Monitor (higher resolution and refresh rate)
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • PCstudio.in
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • None
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • POE, Torchlight Infinite, Upcoming Diablo 4
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1920x1080
    2. Desktop - 1920x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No will not OC.
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
I have already bought a 1660 Super, so the 50k budget is for everything else other than GPU/Monitor/HDD/Ram. Last two will upgrade later. I would prefer DDR5 but MOBO+RAM will make it more expensive. Plz give options.

For games, the performance difference between DDR4 & DDR5 is marginal and not worth the current premium.

The games you mentioned don't really warrant a 5800x3D, however if you go that way, you most probably won't even feel the need to upgrade anything other than RAM & GPU for a long long time. Even a 5800X is good enough and might fit the budget.

For games, the performance difference between DDR4 & DDR5 is marginal and not worth the current premium.

The games you mentioned don't really warrant a 5800x3D, however if you go that way, you most probably won't even feel the need to upgrade anything other than RAM & GPU for a long long time. Even a 5800X is good enough and might fit the budget.
This. Most people in India who build their rigs rarely think of making future upgrades, or even if they do, it'll be once in 5 years or so.

Ryzen 5 5600- 14.5k
Gigabyte B550 DS3H- 9k
Asus TUF Gaming 550w PSU-4.2k
WD SN570 1TB-6.3k
2x16GB 3600 C18 RAM-8.2k

For entry-level builds, surely DDR5 makes no sense. But for mid-range, it is starting to make sense IMO as the price difference is like 2k between mid-range 16GB DDR4 & DDR5 RAM, like 6.7k for the 6000MHz CL40 RAM I suggested. For DDR5, you don't need 2 sticks because of how DDR5 works.

So for a 110-120k rig, 7600X + 6700XT/3060Ti is a good choice for gaming. You can consider paying that 12-13k extra over an R5 5600 based system.

For entry-level builds, surely DDR5 makes no sense. But for mid-range, it is starting to make sense IMO as the price difference is like 2k between mid-range 16GB DDR4 & DDR5 RAM, like 6.7k for the 6000MHz CL40 RAM I suggested. For DDR5, you don't need 2 sticks because of how DDR5 works.

So for a 110-120k rig, 7600X + 6700XT/3060Ti is a good choice for gaming. You can consider paying that 12-13k extra over an R5 5600 based system.
Hey. Did you mean to post this in another thread? The budget here is 50k

If not, you're right in regards to the closing gap of DDR4 vs DDR5 RAM sticks. However DDR5 (AM5) boards still cost way more than a DDR4 (AM4) board.

So for gaming in particular, I would always suggest you go for the 5800x3D and use the saved cash towards a beefier GPU. This combo may be on an older platform, but will last way longer than the 7600X build.

The x3D doesn't look impressive on paper, but is insane in gaming performance thanks to that massive cache. If you look at game benchmarks and not specs or productivity benchmarks, you will see that it performs better than a 7950X. So it will serve you well until AM6 comes out lol. In which case buy the 7800x3D. This is one CPU where I wholeheartedly say believe in the marketing that this is the best gaming CPU out there.

But if you need multicore performance (for work), get something else, preferably on AM5 so that you have a nice upgrade path.

Hey. Did you mean to post this in another thread? The budget here is 50k

If not, you're right in regards to the closing gap of DDR4 vs DDR5 RAM sticks. However DDR5 (AM5) boards still cost way more than a DDR4 (AM4) board.

So for gaming in particular, I would always suggest you go for the 5800x3D and use the saved cash towards a beefier GPU. This combo may be on an older platform, but will last way longer than the 7600X build.

The x3D doesn't look impressive on paper, but is insane in gaming performance thanks to that massive cache. If you look at game benchmarks and not specs or productivity benchmarks, you will see that it performs better than a 7950X. So it will serve you well until AM6 comes out lol. In which case buy the 7800x3D. This is one CPU where I wholeheartedly say believe in the marketing that this is the best gaming CPU out there.

But if you need multicore performance (for work), get something else, preferably on AM5 so that you have a nice upgrade path.
No, just saying. Right now beyond 6700XT/3060Ti, you don't have any good value options till you get a 6800XT for under 60k. I use 3070 but won't recommend 3070 at close to 50k, 3070Ti is a poor value as well compared to 35k for former two.

I realise i went off topic.

Back