Req: Recommend a Laptop between 55-60K

AMDfreak

Disciple
Hey guys!

Really need your help ASAP! A good friend of mine urgently requires a laptop and i really need some advice to recommend a good one for him!

The following are my specifications,

-15.6 inch screen*Good screen quality & good resolution ( Higher screen size would compromise portability )

-320-500GB HDD

-4GB RAM

-Decent gaming performance (although FIFA:p would be the primary & most played game)

-Good Battery Life (In College this matters to a lot ):eek:hyeah:

-i5 preferably

-Decent sound output from speakers

*Available in India; dont want any $-Rs convert price and recommendation!

Dont want Acer coz it looks very cheap, but if it has a good config i could go ahead!

Waiting for a quick reply :hap2:

Cheers,

AMDfreak.

MSI GX 640 or Asus G73 with 5850 or better

Both cost around 60k

the MSI costs about 5-10 less than the Asus and the Asus costs around 65k or so

motorheadinc said:
The budget you have quoted is fair enough for a very good config. Why dont you get him a laptop similar to yours ;)

i got mine from the States and it would take some time :p...ANd anyways my warranty options are like :ashamed:

rite said:
MSI GX 640 or Asus G73 with 5850 or better

Both cost around 60k

the MSI costs about 5-10 less than the Asus and the Asus costs around 65k or so

are they available here?...link or any stores?

The Sony EA15 is a good option. 1366*768 res, i5, HD5650, 4Gig ram, 500GB HDD.

And it looks good too.

Costs 59k

sid1712 said:
The Sony EA15 is a good option. 1366*768 res, i5, HD5650, 4Gig ram, 500GB HDD.

And it looks good too.

Costs 59k

are u referring to the EA16?? w/i5 proccy...Only prob is the 14" screen!!!

is this the best in this price range w/respect to the specifications i have mentioned above?

Any other suggestions? Guys come on help me out:(

ANd temme if this Dell config is good enough?

Its 60k inclusive of all taxes excluding delivery charges!

Intel® Core™ i5-540M Processor (2.53GHz, 4 Thread, turbo boost up to 3.06GHz, 3M cache)

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit (English)

15.6 " Full HD(1080p)WLED (1920 x 1080)Display with TrueLifeâ„¢

4GB (2GBx2) 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM (Work at 1066MHz for Intel Arrandale CPU)

640GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5470 - 1GB

9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

the only drag with this config is the graphic card...anybody have any idea about its performance and is it capable enough to handle games decently?

Even I bought the same Acer 5740G model last week, and let me tell you, my friends have started envying me for striking just a nice deal. It's light, decent looks/build, good keyboard and true VFM.

But if you are one of those guys who keep their laptop lid closed just to show off its brand name, then only spend extra 15K for the same config but different (popular) brand.

ra13 said:
Even I bought the same Acer 5740G model last week, and let me tell you, my friends have started envying me for striking just a nice deal. It's light, decent looks/build, good keyboard and true VFM.
But if you are one of those guys who keep their laptop lid closed just to show off its brand name, then only spend extra 15K for the same config but different (popular) brand.

odinson said:
Notebookcheck: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

that should give you an idea for HD5470 and its capability, its basically an entry level dx11 card. A laptop with hd 5650 would be nicer. few days back i bought acer aspire 5740G with 1 gb ati hd 5650 and i5 proccy , its doing real good and it was cheap too @ 44,600 bucks only,,...

How it looks and config @ Acer Aspire 5740G Price in India - 15.6" Intel Corei5 Laptop

thanks for this :)

Most probably would ask my friend to get this...am just shocked at the stuff Acer offers for this price:eek:hyeah:

Few last moment queries-

1. Model No? i want the one with 500GBHDD, i5 and 5650ATi!
2. Battery life?
3. Speaker quality? (decent is good enough, with the money we are saving)
4. how are the games fairing?
5. color availability? (the light blue is pathetic:mad:
Thanks.

And u should get a look of my laptop...I am the kind of guy who can close down the lid and show off;)...

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx195/elitehunter90/38725.jpg

AMDfreak said:

Most probably would ask my friend to get this...am just shocked at the stuff Acer offers for this price:eek:hyeah:

Few last moment queries-

434G50Mn, still make it clear to the dealer that you want i5+5650 (and not just a 1GB graphics card)

2. Battery life?
Surfing+downloading+music <=3 hours

Average enough. though the virtual surround thing helps improve the sound for movies.

I am playing Fifa 10 on it and is nice. i play it on my lap and still it is pretty cool.

Thanks.

no color choice. Though, the blue you see in the pics is not the actual color. In reality, it's more dark and cool.
And u should get a look of my laptop...I am the kind of guy who can close down the lid and show off;)...

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx195/elitehunter90/38725.jpg[/QUOTE]
:p, you sure can.
AMDfreak said:

Few last moment queries-

434G50Mn, still make it clear to the dealer that you want i5+5650 (and not just a 1GB graphics card)

2. Battery life?
Surfing+downloading+music <=3 hours

Average enough. though the virtual surround thing helps improve the sound for movies.

I am playing Fifa 10 on it and is nice. i play it on my lap and still it is pretty cool.

no color choice. Though, the blue you see in the pics is not the actual color. In reality, it's more dark and cool.

[/QUOTE]:p, you sure can.

AMDfreak said:

Few last moment queries-

2. Battery life?
Thanks.

hehe yea this model is sure finding its fair share of followers. Its cheap and its powerful!
Model no is same , Acer Aspire 5740G ( ask for Core i5 processor and 1 gb Ati HD 5650 graphics card ).
As mentioned in PM, battery life is around 2 hr 30 min with fair usage and bit bright screen.
Speaker quality is as expected in a laptop , good enuff for casual tv series watching or music, I use a senheiser in ear plug for movies and games anyways !!

It will handle all modern games at medium settings easily.

YEa , the dark blue ( navu blue ? ) color is cool , not as glamorous as ur asus machine , but its not bad either, the chiclet Vaio style keyboard is sexy and feels good while tapping :p haha

All the best buddy.

The Acer Aspire laptop seems to have vanished.
Noone has one in stock. As far as i know its discontinued. Places i checked has either the i3 version or has one with 5470 card.

krugur said:
The Acer Aspire laptop seems to have vanished.
Noone has one in stock. As far as i know its discontinued. Places i checked has either the i3 version or has one with 5470 card.

Wow and only last week I bought it from ComputerWarehouse shop. Also i asked in acer mall in Marathahalli . they had it too . Did you check in the Acer mll there ?

Hi Krugur ,

The HP is running on old processor and also the card is 1 generation old. Anyways today I went and talked with the guy in Acer Mall @ Marathahalli , he said the booking for the model is on , and once can get it within 5 days of booking it. Wanna go for it ? :D

i called him up ... he told me it was out of stock .. so i gave him my number and contact info just soon as they get one in stock .... done it @ acer mall manipal center too .. just to be safe :) ... hope we get lucky

I checked a few reviews and they said it performed pretty decent so i suggested it ... btw HP one looks way better , so u can show off too ;)

I believe that DELL still are the most reliable laptops in India when it comes to performance and Hardware quality.

You should probably go for a Dell Studio 15 laptop with Intel i3 processor and 4GB ddr3 ram.
Studio 15 also come with 512MB or 1GB graphics card.

I would advice agains a HP as my past experience with the company has been really bad. The aftersales service SUCKS big time. Any problem with your laptop is ALWAYS reported as a motherboard problem! And they ask you to change it charging you a hefty sum.

Back