Requesting help with PC Shutdown issue

ryu_88

Disciple
Hey TE community,

I've recently been facing an issue with my pc, where when I click on "Shutdown", it does not completely shutdown. The screen goes blank, but pc fans are still spinning and RGB on the fans are still on. When in this state it becomes completely unresponsive and does not respond to any keyboard or mouse input, and monitor says no signal detected. Only option I get in this state is to force shutdown by holding down the power button or by pressing the restart button. This does not happen every time, but weirdly enough, this seems to happen when i run very graphically intensive games on windows, not sure how it is linked.

My PC specs are as follows -
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X , MSI RTX 3060Ti Gaming X , MSI X570 Tomahawk , Crucial Ballistix 2X8gb 3600 CL16 , Kingston A2000 1TB NVME . It's running the latest stable build of Windows 10 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2251). I also have a dualboot setup through GRUB, running ubuntu on another partition.

Any help figuring it out would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Some windows updates can cause this behavior or incorrectly shutting down in the past too.
Try shutting down from another user a/c and observe how it goes.
When this happens, force shutdown and turn on and immediately check in event viewer, as sometimes some drivers as well interrupt the operation.

Have faced this issue long time back and updating chipset drivers did he trick for me.

Was this the case before you setup dualboot? Assuming your BIOS is up to date? If BIOS and all drivers are up to date, try swapping a drive to a fresh non-dual boot setup (even if its a slow HDD) to see if it's the OS.

Back