Requesting suggestions/opinions on roadmap.sh

ryu_88

Disciple
Hey TE Community,

I recently came across this website and found people talking about it on reddit https://roadmap.sh/ and was wondering how accurate/correct it may be. I am just a beginner aspiring to become a frontend developer one day, and would definitely find it hugely beneficial to have some kind of a 'map' which would give me a basic idea on the tools/concepts that I would need to learn and the order.

I would like to hear your opinions/thoughts about this website, specifically for the frontend developer roadmap.

Thanks in advance.

salian

Disciple
I concur with the frontend developer roadmap on the linked website.

However IMO as a tech startup founder who has been hiring for 15 years now, I feel you don't necessarily have to actually complete that entire roadmap to apply for a job. Somewhere after "package managers" on that particular roadmap is good enough for an entry-level front-end developer job, and you can pick up the rest on the job as you grow into future roles. Just my two cents.

ryu_88

Disciple
I concur with the frontend developer roadmap on the linked website.

However IMO as a tech startup founder who has been hiring for 15 years now, I feel you don't necessarily have to actually complete that entire roadmap to apply for a job. Somewhere after "package managers" on that particular roadmap is good enough for an entry-level front-end developer job, and you can pick up the rest on the job as you grow into future roles. Just my two cents.

thank you for the reply, definitely helps :)