Laptops Resetting Battery Wear Circuitry - Dell

Xanthor

Disciple
Hi,
After 2 years of usage, the battery on my Dell XPS M1330 was pretty much shot.

The battery backup had reduced from about 3 Hours to under 30 Minutes. Contacted DELL for a replacement battery and they quoted me a hefty 6500/- so I decided to rebuild the battery myself using new Cells with the same mWh rating.

I managed to source some good quality cells and rebuilt the battery.

The battery works, the laptop boots and charges but the battery charge/wear circuitry still thinks the older cells are installed and has not reset to acknowledge the wear levels on the brand new cells.

Has any one managed to successfully rebuild their batteries, if so do any of you guys here know a workaround to reset the battery charging circuitry?

Dont know abt resetting it but can u elaborate on how u rebuilt the battery n which components u used n hw's the backup nw ?

It's fairly simple, the hardest part is probably sourcing the right cells from a reliable source.

Once you've got those its a simple matter of knowing basic electronics and careful disassembly and reassembly .

Wow , post some details and snaps and how much did the cells cost . Very interesting I say . Where did you get this information ?

Yes, Yes it was you who did it you're electronic genius is unparalleled. Its hard work but it is'nt rocket science.

Still struggling to get the battery to calibrate itself but no success... anyone here care to shed some light on the matter?

i remember reading an article or watching a video to refurbish laptop batteries but in india, the main concern is getting lithium ion batteries (in probably AA form).

Would share info if i find it again.

Back