Android Restoring apps without Root

I bought my new phone after a period of 2 years. Over the years I have downloaded apps which are no longer on play store and/or I dint want to update at all - example Simple Dilbert Reader. I want to transfer them over to my new phone.

Only app I know capable of doing that is Titanium Backup. Now the problem is phone needs to be rooted for it.
Motorola now has a locked bootloader and tracks everyone trying to unlock and rooting their phone.

People might disagree with me, but I hate this feature being continuously missed from the newer versions of android. There is app data sync but doesn't help if there is an app which I don't want to update because of their shitty new features. example I liked the previous talk versions and dint take up hangouts until they added a "online" button, which frankly was useless without it.

To install any old/new app you dont need rooted phone.

To backup apps whats the problem in rooting your old phone??also try alternate backup apps like "super backup" instead of titanium.

Last edited:
Helium backup was featured on xda sometime back for app backups without root.

And if you dont need data of the apps, you can simply transfer the apk files to the new phone and install.

Yes just take backup of apps using any back up manager on your old phone and transfer the .apk files to your new phone then install them. You can use shareit app for transferring these from old to new phone.

ok. Helium Backup it is then.

Btw, anyone has successfully used the google sync feature to store app data? I had it enabled on my last phone but then when I tried syncing back to some of the apps; the ones which I could install from Google play, it doesn't sync the data back

^ Google sync feature needs to be enabled and used by the app developer. There is nothing which needs to be done by Google or end users.

Back