Resuming studies after 5 years

m.droid

Recruit
Hey
I passed out 10th five years back.And after that I had to stop studying because of father's health.So,I want to clear 12th with commerce without mathematics and then do my graduation.I have heard of NIOS which offers students to directly appear for class 12th examinations.But I am doubtful that does it hold any value in the real world?Actually I am doubtful about me.I have to two options.One is that I can take admission in NIOS and appear for the examinations next year that is,April' 17. Or,I can go for regular 2 years course.With the option 1 I doubt that will I be able to complete the entire course in mere 1 year?Is it really possible?And with the option 2 I doubt that will i able to keep up the patience for two years?And also waste another extra year in comparison to NIOS.I know I should ask these questions to myself.But the reason behind asking this to you guys is because may be someone have gone through this and have same situation like me.Same traits like laziness and impatience.So whats the way out.And also I want to tell you guys I have a marriage function in my family in this year too.So what should I do?Please help

All I can say is NIOS doesn't hold any value in real world but you will be eligible for further Studies like Graduation, etc...

From my knowledge, commerce without mathematics is silly. It may not be bad but its silly. I'm not sure if schools even allow it. Eg. subject combination like Commerce sans Mathematics, Science sans Mathematics, CSc. sans mathematics etc.
NIOS's system could've been a lot better but its not. Most of the students whom i know go for NIOS are from poor backward families/societies who find it incredibly difficult to do their studies the standard way. Thus NIOS has a very low reputation. You may find it difficult to get a job using their certificates. Competition nowadays is very high.
Go for regular 2 years course for 10+2. No need to get into Tier 1/Tier 2 schools if finance is a problem. Just try to finish it in regular school with 60% or more.

Back