Android Reverting to stock Android

LaatSahab

Skilled
Took out my old Galaxy 3 from storage. Last I remember, it had battery drain issues when I flashed it with Cyanogen Mod back in 2012-13. Took it out recently, got a replacement battery for it from Aliexpress. It's booting up but is slow as hell. Since there's nothing wrong with the device, I want to flash it to stock Android version that it came with. Problem(s) that I'm facing is:
  1. What was the stock Android version for it, I cannot seem to remember. Moreover where can I get it now?
  2. How to go about flashing it? When hooked up to a Windows 10 laptop, it doesn't even shows that the phone is connected to it. Although the phone itself shows it is in USB debug mode
Current relevant details of the phone are below:-
Android version-> 4.1.1
Model GT-I5801
Kernel version-> 2.6.32.9 cmx@apollo #965
Cyanogen Mod Version-> 10.20120902-unofficial-apollo
Build number-> cm_apollo-userdebug 4.1.1 JRO03L eng.seb.20120902.184737 test-keys

You can find the various firmwares here. Do check and confirm your model number.

As for usb issues, I have no idea.

Damn, I didn't know that.
Found this on XDA forums
Could't find fully stock roms, do take a look around in XDA forums.

There were some fishy sites when I google searched the PDA and CSC code for the firmware. I would not recommend them. Try them at your own risk.

The Cyanogen mod that I currently have, that is also a marcellus product from XDA forum so wasn't too keen on going for firmware hunting there. Moreover last time I checked, many firmware download links were broken. Will give it a try once more though.
have also made similar thread on XDA forum too ;)

Back