Review - Gadgetshieldz Screen and Body Protector for iPad

This is a mini review of Gadgetshieldz total body and screen protector for the iPad 1st generation. The reason I am not putting up a elaborate review is because I already see a few reviews which are already very detailed. Anyway, I thought I would go ahead and at least post a short review of this innovative scratch protection product and I am not sure if many are aware that Gadgetshieldz is available even for Tablets and not just cell phones.

I have been a fan of Gadgetshieldz products over the years with almost all my devices being protected with Gadgetshieldz. This is the best scratch protection that you can buy for your iPad if you dont intend to hide it with heavy cases and covers. It sells for Rs.699 on their site for all the Tablet shields. Very reasonable when you compare with the prices of Zagg invisibleshield or wrapsol.

I ordered it from their own site Gadgetshieldz India | Scratch Protection for Mobile Devices | iPhone skins, iPad skins, iPod Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins, Shields made exclusively for Indian customers with prices in Indian Rupees and not US dollars which was the case a few years ago. In fact they weren't selling it here in India due to some payment and currency issues. I used to order from their ebay store but its great to know that they have a separate site now from which you can order all their products. Even got a 25% discount coupon "iluvgadgetshieldz" to boot. So the final price I paid was just Rs.525 for a total body shield. Killer deal I would say. Dont know whether the coupon is valid now or not as I dont see it on their site at the time of writing this review.

The shields arrived in a plain cardboard envelope but safely packaged. There was a A4 sheet with a link to the application instructions page printed in bold. You might be a bit let down on this if you are expecting the application instructions in the package although they do provide the instructions with proper packaging if you order any of the cell phone shields from them. Seems a bit strange to me but I wouldn't care about the instructions since I have installed it 4-5 times on different devices and know the application pretty well.

The cut is very precise and went on very easily on the back side although it got slightly tricky on the front with the alignment. I used the home button as the reference to align the shield but with the button being round, whatever way I installed the screen it was off by a few mm. In the end, got it to align perfectly. The shields were all wet immediately after the installation as expected but within 12 hours of installation, the shields completely dried off under the fan and the efforts are really worth it after I looked at the end results. Total peace of mind!!!

The one thing I didn't like about the shield is that its shiny and not matt. I wish Gadgetshieldz can make even matt finish shields available. That would be icing on the cake.

You can check out a few pics of the shield applied on the iPad below. Please note that I took 2 sets of pics. The 1st three pics where taken when the shield was still wet on the back and front. But once it got dried, it was crystal clear as rest of the pictures would tell you. You can see how perfectly the shields have been manufactured with coverage from edge to edge.

Gadgetshieldz is available for popular smart phones, Tablets etc through their site Gadgetshieldz India | Scratch Protection for Mobile Devices | iPhone skins, iPad skins, iPod Screen Protectors, Cases, Covers, Skins, Shields. Last time I checked, the cell phone shields were priced Rs.399 and tablet shields were priced Rs.699.

Hope you liked the review.

Pictures Immediately after the installation

Pictures 12 hours after the installation

Very nice review. I too put on a gadgetshieldz for my nexus 4 and its very good for the price. If you see the packing it says Made in India. And i think even if anyone else buys from outside its shipped from here in Chennai (very close to my place)

Back