Laptops review or comments on dell studio 17

pom99

Disciple
How is the Dell Studio 17 ? I am looking to buy a 17" inch screen laptop with a core 2 duo processor. What else is available ? Is the studio 17 available with free DOS ?
Thanks.

AFAI can remember u r the one who constantly rant abt dell after sales servicing

now why u going for dell

if u r not that person, then spare me my mistake!! :p

anyways wats ur requirement and ur budget that ur going for such a big notebook 17 inches!!

My dear mohitpreet, you got it wrong I think. :) I never rant.

I am the person who says that ALL AFTER SALES SERVICE IN INDIA IS SHIT !!! BECAUSE WE DON"T HAVE A CONCEPT OF CUSTOMER CARE. But since we are a benevolent nation , we have " created jobs" for people.
N the only comp i might have spoken a lot about is Acer. "life was easy, acer made it busy". :)

Anyway that is besides the point. I was considering a desktop also but will settle for a desktop replacement. Mainly to watch movies and perhaps play few games. So i am looking for a entertainment laptop with a budget of up to 60 K.

get the studio 15

its 15.6 inches and i find that already to huge to cary around

17 inch will be like a suitcase i guess!!

ur call

studio 15 is a good choice and if u game on it will get heated up for sure

u can also go for studio xps 16!!

the premium notebook

may be slighlty exceeding ur budget!!

thanks guys but I really am somehow fixated on a big screen. I would more so watch movies than play games, but lets see. I will check out some 16" also and then decide. You can give me some recomendations for 16" screen laptops also. thanks.

DELL studio 17 is great laptop

My friend recently bought it from dell banglore, it performs smoothly n a great screen too.

He paid around 72500Rs for it

Hmm... 72,500 !!!! Isn't it too expensive ? or maybe he configured it that way. Anyway thanks. What does he use it for ? primary usage ?

I saw them also. I had those teeny weeny screens. So I have made up my mind now. Desktop is the way to go. Save money and get more features. Mobility is something I will take care of. :)

thats a very wise decision!

desky is the way to go

get a good one in a budget of around 35-40 k range with 24" lcd for ur movies n gaming need :p

a laptop is no match for a desky if mobility is not the criteria

Back