CPU/Mobo Reviews on ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AM3 and other cheap am3 board options

Guys,

I have DDR2 system in my PC right now.. Want to switch to DDR3 system. I am planning to buy a mobo which is below 3K and is good enough to handle AMD quad core processors i.e TDP >95w... I will be using athlon x3 440 unlocked to x4 on this mobo, so according to some reviews on net ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AM3 supports processor upto 95tdp only. I will be upgrading to a bulldozer cpu and am3+ mobo in end 2011.Thats why I am not interested in spending more money on mobo now. I will be using Gskill ripjaws 2x4GB 1600 ram or Gskill sniper 2x4GB 1600ram on the mobo.

Any reviews on ASUS M4A78LT-M LE AM3??? If not, then any alternatives?? Is my decision to upgrade now at this very time right ?? My system details are mentioned in my signature.

There is absolutely no point in upgrading to a new motherboard just for DDR3 ram. You will find negligible improvement in performance.

Wait for Bulldozer to arrive and there will be better motherboard options and then jump the gun.

Looking at your current mobo I think the M4A78LT would be a downgrade other than RAM; fewer i/o and expansion slots for one.

Anyway I too ordered one of these mobos today from SMC along with an X2 250 :)

Some AM3+ motherboards from gigabyte are out already, you can buy one of them so you're upgrade to bulldozer doesn't cost any more than a single mobo :)

I'm looking to buy this board as well. Is it a bad board per se or is it just in comparison to OP's original spec that it's a bad idea? How come it's so cheap?

I have an ancient P4 + 955X board and I'm already buying an Athlon II X4 635.

chiragsthakur, bruv wait for BullDozer, or on its release get Sandy-Bridge depending on the price / performance ratio. Getting a motherboard to simply jump onto the DDR III bandwagon will not help.

Back