Budget 31-40k Rig Budget Challenge: - for rig makers

jammy420

Adept
I am looking for a Budget PC which I need to connect to a TV which I'll be using as a monitor. The main usage of this PC would be internet,downloading videos, playing music and videos and

occasional average home photo/video editing.

I am looking for suggestions regarding CPU + Motherboard. I am thinking of Intel G3220, G3258, i3-3rd, i3-4130. and any suitable motherboards for each of the CPU.
Also suggestions for TV cum Monitors are needed. Screen Size 24 inches and below.

Depending on the budget, I may like it to be a HTPC in the sense if I can support some live recording of programs from TV (this is optional, because budget is there :) )

Thanks,
Jammy

Hi all,

Nice to see all tech geeks here. hope all of you are doing good. Just to seek your attention and hopefully the help also, I had put this subject line. Please help. I am doing this for the first time.

1. What is your budget?
    • 30k ideal, extendable upto 40Kmax
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
I am building this as a new rig, for my parents for entertainment sake. I have no existing PC. I have given my below list based on the options I am currently thinking on my own browsing experience.

• CPU - Intel G3220, G3258, i3-3220, i3-4130, If I can save a significant amount of money using LGA1155 processor and Mobo, I am ready. But I just want to know what all features it will affect in future.
    • Motherboard – any suitable motherboards that supports good features for intended use.
    • GPU – I have omitted this, I don’t think so It may be required. Suggestions are welcome, if it is needed
    • RAM – Corsair Value – 4GB
    • Monitor – I am looking to connect to a TV (21inches to 24 inches) which will act as monitor as well. I am not looking for a stand alone monitor. Please suggest some TVs are some pointers where I can look for.
    • PSU – Any budget PSU which will have support the config for intended use.
    • Cabinet – Any budget cabinet
    • Hard Drive – 1TB hard drive
    • TV tuner card – If it is required, as I am expecting to use it as a HTPC as well.
  1. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • N/A
  2. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • N/A
  3. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
  4. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • www.theitdepot.com Open to any other online purchase store also. I would like to receive feedback of this store also, if you have any, as this is my first experience
  5. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  6. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • For downloading videos
    • Watching videos, playing music
    • Occasional home photo and video editing
    • HTPC(optional) – Will take a call, based on the budget whether to keep this or scrap this
  7. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Seagate/WD for HDD, as I have heard these two are reliable.
    • I have never used AMD, so far, so little unsure of using it.
  8. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Won’t be playing games at all
  9. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1. TV cum Monitor – no such preference

Are you looking to overclock?

o No

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

o Windows 7 or windows 8.1

Hi Jammy420,

I would like to add a word to help in build of PC. Here are some options for you.

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory.
Storage:
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
GPU: Asus Radeon R7 240 2GB Video Card.

I believe these components are best for photo and video editing based on your budget. Also, this configuration allows for overclocking, as long as you have a stable power supply and a good case. In build, MOBO is support CrossFire technology that means in future you can add-on a second GPU card for performance, instead of buying a new MOBO or replacing a totally new GPU. I choose WD Blue as storage because during system process, you’ll be constantly saving and rendering directly from the HDD. For Monitor, you can go with any LED or LCD screen from any Local brand; based on your budget.

Hope it helps.

Hi all,

I am looking for a Budget HTPC using Biostar
Will this CPU+Mobo Combo biostar A68I-350 will do for HTPC?

I am looking for a Budget HTPC using Biostar which I need to connect to a TV which I'll be using as a monitor. The main usage of this PC would be internet,downloading videos, playing music and videos and occasional home photo/video editing. I am not great fan of refined audio system. So this is my max requirement. I am not looking forward for any upgrades in future.

Any other related suggestions are welcome.
  1. What is your budget?
    • 15k-20k, as low as possible ( excluding monitor)
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
I am building this as a new rig, for my parents for entertainment sake. I have no existing PC. I have given my below list based on the options I am currently thinking on my own ideas.

CPU +Motherboard – biostar A68I-350

RAM –– 4GB

• TV tuner card – If it is required, as I am expecting to use it as a HTPC as well.
  1. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • N/A
  2. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • N/A
  3. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
This will be final config

1. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • www.theitdepot.com Open to any other online purchase store also. I would like to receive feedback of this store also, if you have any, as this is my first experience
  2. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  3. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing
    • For downloading videos
    • Watching videos, playing music
    • rare home photo and video editing
    • HTPC– no great audio requirements, may/may not record TV programs
  4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Seagate/WD for HDD, as I have heard these two are reliable.
    • I have never used AMD, so far, so little unsure of using it.
  5. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Won’t be playing games at all
  6. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1. TV cum Monitor – no such preference

Are you looking to overclock?

o No

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

o Windows 7 or windows 8.1

• CPU - Intel G3220, G3258, i3-3220, i3-4130, If I can save a significant amount of money using LGA1155 processor and Mobo, I am ready. But I just want to know what all features it will affect in future.
  • Motherboard – any suitable motherboards that supports good features for intended use.
  • GPU – I have omitted this, I don’t think so It may be required. Suggestions are welcome, if it is needed
  • RAM – Corsair Value – 4GB
  • Monitor – I am looking to connect to a TV (21inches to 24 inches) which will act as monitor as well. I am not looking for a stand alone monitor. Please suggest some TVs are some pointers where I can look for.

• CPU - Intel Core i3 4130 -7000,
  • Motherboard – Gigabyte H81M-S2PV -4000,
  • RAM – Corsair Value Select 4GB 1600Mhz –2500,
  • Monitor – Vu 24K310 24 inches HD LED TV -12000,
  • PSU – Antec VP450P -2700,
  • Cabinet – Deepcool Tesseract -2700,
  • Hard Drive – WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
  • TV tuner card – AverMedia Ezmaker SDK Express C725 TV Tuner Card (Internal) -4600,
  • KB+ Mouse - Logitech MK200 -800.
  • TOTAL - 39,800.

Will this CPU+Mobo Combo biostar A68I-350 will do for HTPC?
Is this board available in India? How much? The E-350 used in this is a fairly weak processor, similar to the Atom processors found in netbooks. There are some new Celeron J1800/1900 CPU+Mobo combos similar to this AMD combo (and an evolved version of the Atom platform), but again I feel they're just enough for very simple tasks. I would stick to the G3220 as a minimum. The G procs have fairly low power consumption too thats well suited for HTPCs. The i3 is not worth it - twice the price for a small improvement.

This biostar wala is available from 4k-5k in all online stores in india. So can I take your word and decide any of the below processors instead of i3-4130 ?. This will be an important decision for me, as this will change my whole config and budget. Also please suggest some suitable motherboards with HDMI ports for the same G procs.

PENTIUM 3220 Rs.3705
PENTIUM 2020 Rs. 4300
PENTIUM 3258 4875

Yeah get the G3220. The G2020 is the older LGA 1155 platform proc, and it's not even cheaper. The G3258 is only if you plan to overclock.

There's an MSI H81 board on theitdepot with an hdmi port. Should be alright. Else theres the Gigabyte B85M-D3H board for about 5k.

Back