Rig for 25K to play Flight Simulator

zktel

Disciple
Hi

As the thread says want to make a pc for my friend in 25k.

Please help.

1. Q: What is your budget?

a. 25K

2. Q: What is your existing hardware

configuration (component name -

component brand and model)

a. None

3. Q: Which hardware will you be

keeping (component name -

component brand and model)

N.A.

4. Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component

name). If you have already decided on

a configuration then please mention

the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

a. CPU - Intel i3

b. Motherboard - any compatible

motherboard

5. Q: Is this going to be your final

configuration or you would be

adding/upgrading a component in

near future. If yes then please mention

when and which component

a. Most probably No

6. Q: Where will you buy this hardware?

(Online/City/TE Dealer)

a. Mumbai

b. Open to online purchase

7. Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE

market

a. No

8. Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

a. Gaming

b. Browsing

c. HTPC

d. Watching HD movies

9. Q: Do you have any brand preference

or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

a. Do not want to buy Asus product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic.

b. only Intel not AMD

10. Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

a. Flight Simultaor

b. Racing - Grid at medium to high

settings

11. Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Gaming - 1280x728

2. Desktop - 1440x900

12. Q: Are you looking to overclock? a. No

13. Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

a. Windows 7

CPU-Intel G620-3.5k

Mobo-Intel DH61WW-3.5k

Ram-Corsair XMS3 2X2gb 1600mhz-1.5k OR Gskill Ripjaws 2X2gb 1600mhz-1.6k

HDD-Hitachi 160gb-2.4k

GPU- Sapphire 5670-4.5k

PSU-Corsair cx430v2-2.2k

Monitor-Dell 1930IN-5.5k

Case-Zebronics bijli-1.2k OR Any Circle Case-1k

Hope this helps
<

Let me make this clear.. Flight Simulator is just the base platform from Microsoft... and as it is in its pure form.. it sucks.

I dont know how experienced you are at FS but I will assume you know about all the addons and the big community that exists out there. If not, well i've been in the FS community since 1998 and as a former addon group member, I can tell you, there's a whole lot of stuff out there that will need a serious gaming machine if you really want to get the best out of Flight sim.. and enjoy an experience that is truly rewarding.

I'm afraid 25k wont cut it.

FS9 (FS2004 COF) + Addons itself needs nothing less than a HD5850 to enjoy the sim with addons such as Activesky/Real Environment Pro/AI Traffic addons and of course professional addons like the PMDG 747/MD11 or iFly 737/Level D 767/Project Opensky 777 etc etc etc.

If you however have lined up to play FSX (the newer version since FS9)... i'm afraid it's gonna need more power than the HD5850 alone + some serious RAM and pref a solid state HDD (dedicated is even better) to run at some great speeds. FSX has much more detailed and refined visual capabilities along with coding features that allow some serious addons to be designed for the platform... but the drawback is it also needs a damn good rig to enjoy it.. or you're just likely to come away with a bad taste in your mouth and likely to ruin what is otherwise an extremely awesome platform used by quite a few of us professionals even who are in aviation.

Well op deosn't have the budget to get HD5850 or equivalent gpu,I've suggested what's best in the budget.
Let me make this clear.. Flight Simulator is just the base platform from Microsoft... and as it is in its pure form.. it sucks.

I dont know how experienced you are at FS but I will assume you know about all the addons and the big community that exists out there. If not, well i've been in the FS community since 1998 and as a former addon group member, I can tell you, there's a whole lot of stuff out there that will need a serious gaming machine if you really want to get the best out of Flight sim.. and enjoy an experience that is truly rewarding.

I'm afraid 25k wont cut it.

FS9 (FS2004 COF) + Addons itself needs nothing less than a HD5850 to enjoy the sim with addons such as Activesky/Real Environment Pro/AI Traffic addons and of course professional addons like the PMDG 747/MD11 or iFly 737/Level D 767/Project Opensky 777 etc etc etc.

If you however have lined up to play FSX (the newer version since FS9)... i'm afraid it's gonna need more power than the HD5850 alone + some serious RAM and pref a solid state HDD (dedicated is even better) to run at some great speeds. FSX has much more detailed and refined visual capabilities along with coding features that allow some serious addons to be designed for the platform... but the drawback is it also needs a damn good rig to enjoy it.. or you're just likely to come away with a bad taste in your mouth and likely to ruin what is otherwise an extremely awesome platform used by quite a few of us professionals even who are in aviation.

Yeah, thats fine.. what i'm saying is... it doesnt matter what fits his budget @ 25k , it's not going to be worth it.

It would be better off if he saved some more and went for a proper rig.

Mach9 Thanks for the info.

Same thing i told my friend but he isnt listening.

He is buying other accessories worth 20k or somthing for Flight Simulator 2004.

Please suggest IDEAL rig for this

and also suggest rig in 30k or something.

I will put both the things infront of him.

Lets see what he decides.

Here's the final rig for 30k-

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]CPU-Intel i3 2100-6.2k[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]MOBO-Intel DH67BL-B3-5.6K

RAM-[/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Corsair XMS3 2X2gb 1600mhz-1.5k OR Gskill Ripjaws 2X2gb 1600mhz-1.6k[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]HDD-500GB seagate barracuda 7200rpm-4.5k[/font]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]GPU-Sapphire/Msi HD6770-6.5k OR sapphire HD6850-9.5k[Tell your friend to get HD6850 if he wants to play the games he wants to play]

PSU-Seasonic s12ii 430w-2.6k OR [/font][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Seasonic s12ii 520w[/font]-3.6k[Get the 520w psu if you get hd6850]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Case-NZXT gamma-2.1k[/font]

UPS-APC 650VA-2.2K

DVD-RW-Samsung dvd r-w-1k

@zktel-Tell your friend if he wants to play FS then he needs a powerful gpu like HD6850 orHD6870,everything else is good as suggested.

CPU: Core i7 2600K if possible or suitable alternate

Motherboard: Theres a huge range of them and any mid range one with a PCI-E slot and upto 12GB RAM should do. Ideally speaking if it supports up to 8GB should be good enough as minimum too.

RAM: DDR3 lowest latency that he can afford, pref 8GB minimum. Like motherboards, there's a lot of choice here so any Gskill or Corsair modules will do good

HDD: Here, there are 2 strategies. To keep costs down, you can go for a single 80GB or 120GB standard SATA drive.. but pref a high performance one and have the games installed only on them dedicated. Have the OS installed on another 80GB SATA drive.

Alternate is if he can afford it... an SSD drive for the games and any SATA drive for the OS.

OS : Windows 7 64bit in order to make max use of the memory and the coding abilities of the addons.

GPU : The minimum i would recommend is the nVidia GTX570 based cards. Please DO NOT go with AMD/ATI cards for FS. The Image Quality with AMD/ATI sucks and the AA/AF is not as good as what the nVidia cards manage to do in the game. The GTX570 is usually enough to handle decent FPS with addons in FS... of course if budget permits.. he can go for a more powerful card.

PSU : Definitely the min would be a Corsair HX620... 850 and above if budget allows.. (the PSU is arguably the most long lived future compatible device on any rig... you can upgrade most components without having to change the PSU in the future if you have a little extra power and a good brand)

Thats my suggestion. Of course keep in mind i'm saying this assuming that he wants to be gaming at Full HD resolutions... So any Monitor he likes that is full HD is fine. Dell would be good because of their service etc.. but it's up to him.

Well now that is a pure gaming rig,the whole cost would go upto 70-80k or more,his friend will be like
<
after seeing this rig.

To run FSX.. he would need the power. Thing thing with the microsoft FS series is that it absolutely sucks as it is.. you need a lot of addons in combination to bring the game to life.. and as some of us would say.. as good a rendition of real life features as you can get out of the platform when compared to the real deal simulators that are used for training etc.

For FS9, the above rig will be more than enough i agree.. hence i started with the GTX570. I guess a GTX560 Ti would work as well but the 570 can also handle FSX decently. Ofcourse i've seen fellow developers manage to bring even the GTX 570 souped up versions to its knees with FSX on max and a crap load of addons. So extra muscle wont hurt.

Besides.. if he grows out of FS.. that rig will still manage a whole lot of other massive games
<

Sorry to bump old thread...

My friend want to make whole system in around 30k including 22" Monitor in this week.

Please suggest a good Config including links of Components suggested for price.

Back