RO + UV purifier that doesn't need a tap hook up

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Are there any good RO + UV water purifiers that doesn't need to be hooked up to a running tap and will rather take water from a reservoir.

Are there any good RO + UV water purifiers that doesn't need to be hooked up to a running tap and will rather take water from a reservoir.
I doubt you will find any which are electronic (having UV). I am sure you wont find a RO one. Reason for both being they need to pass the water through membranes(for RO) and micron mesh filters for filtering out the sediments/impurities in the water for which they need a min pressure of 3 ~4 bar. So what you suggesting is not helping their mechanism. Almost all filters work this way.
If your only concern is that the place where the filter will be placed is away from a running water source then its better to run a small water line instead of going for less efficient filters.
The inlet pipe used for filters is very thin and its barely noticeable if you nail it to the wall.

I was assuming that a purifier with RO stage will have a pump built in to generate necessary pressure. You cannot rely on the pressure generated from running taps. In fact, I used a Aquagard UV Purifier at the last place I stayed and the pressure in tap was rarely good for us, so I had to have a external pump installed.

I was looking for a tap less setup because taps run dry in summer and we should have a way to purify water directly.

I was assuming that a purifier with RO stage will have a pump built in to generate necessary pressure. You cannot rely on the pressure generated from running taps. In fact, I used a Aquagard UV Purifier at the last place I stayed and the pressure in tap was rarely good for us, so I had to have a external pump installed.

I was looking for a tap less setup because taps run dry in summer and we should have a way to purify water directly.
Where will you put the reservoir for providing the water supply. Doesn't your tap come from the overhead tank.
Yes, there should be a pump inside the unit which pushes the water through the RO membrane.

Before RO membrane the water usually passes through couple of inline filters like sediment and carbon filters. It requires some pressure for water to come out of these filters else the low pressure switch will cut off the water intake.

Usually gravity is enough to pass the water through sediment and carbon filters. I have a custom setup installed and don't use a RO membrane but just a few sediment filters followed by a UV filter for drinking water at home. Don't need a pump for that. In fact, for sediment filters it is better if the water flows slowly as they will do a better job at cleaning at low water speed.

Back