Robot Vaccuum Cleaner

rdst_1

Skilled
I am in the market for a Robot Vaccuum Cleaner. There are 2 options over here in India
1) Milagrow - Around 22k. Not many great reviews though.
2) LG Homebot 2 - Around 50k. Has many great reviews and people have been more than happy with it.

My Dad is OCD about cleanliness and despite having a maid, he still takes it upon himself to do the jhaadu-pocha of the entire house. He is getting old and also suffering from some ligament problems in his knees but is very adamant about it and in the end it is me or mom who has to do all the stuff so that he doesn't aggravate his injury.

I firstly want to know if anyone in India is using any such device and how has their experience been with their cleaner.
Secondly, should I be content with the LG or look to get a Roomba from US.

try aliexpress. you might get a good one. basically milagrow looks similar to aliexpress ones.

If you get it from outside country, what about warranty. For such things, warranty and after sales is a must.

I have tried the milagrow model @10000 but was not happy with it. Too many problems.

I am totally uninformed in this but those US ones, do they work well on hard floors like we have or they are made for those carpet homes ?

The LG model has got good reviews for all kind of floors. It has a pretty good algorithm and cleaning is also more than satisfactory whether it is hard floors or carpets. Only some models of the Roomba and Neato are better than the LG. I just wanted to see if anyone on TE is/has used it and their thoughts on it's cleaning prowess

I suggested the aliexpress ones because I used a milagrow one for few months back in India. I feel they are quite overpriced for their quality. feels like cheap chinese ones except that they come with 1 yr warranty. I bought mine for 10k back then. they are not truly hassle free kind. mine used to get stuck below stuff all the time. and all the wires used to get tangled and stuff like that. it never used to find its way to the recharger when out of battery. used to make a lot of beep noise all the time during nights. you should look out for something that has a very good algorithm for cleaning or else you would be disappointed.

I suggested the aliexpress ones because I used a milagrow one for few months back in India. I feel they are quite overpriced for their quality. feels like cheap chinese ones except that they come with 1 yr warranty. I bought mine for 10k back then. they are not truly hassle free kind. mine used to get stuck below stuff all the time. and all the wires used to get tangled and stuff like that. it never used to find its way to the recharger when out of battery. used to make a lot of beep noise all the time during nights. you should look out for something that has a very good algorithm for cleaning or else you would be disappointed.

I just mentioned Milagrow because it was available in India. I have no inkling to buy that one.
Just wanted to see if anyone used the LG one or a Roomba before and wanted to see if they were satisfied with the cleaning abilities. I am going to try and get a demo of the LG at my home. No way am I gonna spend 50k without being completely sure that we will be satisfied with it's performance.

Back