Audio Robust bluetooth headphones

soulweaver

Nice is Free
Patron
Hello!

I am looking for BT headphones that are robustly built. They should be able to survive some trekking. The previous pairs used were JBL Tune 500 and an AudioTechnica ones. I am looking for something better built. Sound quality is of course important. I do not want in-ear stuff at all!

Any suggestion from you guys would be welcome.

I am looking for something that will last and has the earpads and all easily replaceable and available!

Thank you guys!

Way, way, waaaay too expensive to be subjected to such harsh treatment. Something more earthly perhaps?

Where I also get to keep all my organs inside of me?

Way, way, waaaay too expensive to be subjected to such harsh treatment. Something more earthly perhaps?

Where I also get to keep all my organs inside of me?
Perhaps mentioning your budget would help then. In any case for cheap, you would be limited to the likes of JBL, BOAT etc. For somewhat better budget, there are options from Sony but not sure if they would be robust. Cheap and robust obviously do not go hand in hand. Moreover replaceable earpads ?!!
If you are looking for BT, good SQ, robust and replaceable pads better be ready to spend some pretty penny.

Last edited:
Hello!

I am looking for BT headphones that are robustly built. They should be able to survive some trekking. The previous pairs used were JBL Tune 500 and an AudioTechnica ones. I am looking for something better built. Sound quality is of course important. I do not want in-ear stuff at all!

Any suggestion from you guys would be welcome.

I am looking for something that will last and has the earpads and all easily replaceable and available!

Thank you guys!
Could you describe the wear and tear your present phones have? Post photos even describing failures as that would give a better idea of what designs will work for you.

Replaceable earpads usually are knockoffs that don't have memory foam to save on cost but otherwise fit. Won't be available in the sub-2k segment.

This kind of stuff you find on Aliexpress and quite hard to find otherwise if the company does not offer them.

Replaceable earpads are a valid point, they are the first point of failure and companies expect you to replace the headset if below a certain price point.

I don't find any reviewers mentioning whether earpads are replaceable even at the high end.

For something like @ibose suggested, you go get earpads. There are aftermarket earpads for something as inexpensive as JBL Tune.

The points of failure are earpads and the headbands, as usual.

My main idea is to not create waste. Want to use something for as long as possible.

For something like @ibose suggested, you go get earpads. There are aftermarket earpads for something as inexpensive as JBL Tune.

The points of failure are earpads and the headbands, as usual.

My main idea is to not create waste. Want to use something for as long as possible.
The el-cheapo chinese earpads do not really last long and sometimes do not even fit properly. I have had major issues when I bought for one of my Sony headphones. They will start flaking out in a couple of months of use so they really do not help to reduce waste. If you are really looking for longevity then it is better to go with the ones from OEM. The reason I suggested VMODA is because they are built like a tank so can survive drops and knocks, they are comfortable and are currently on sale and sometimes turn up even cheaper in pre-loved forums. Of course, if you do not have the budget then you will need to compromise on some of your requirements and look at alternatives.

The el-cheapo chinese earpads do not really last long and sometimes do not even fit properly. I have had major issues when I bought for one of my Sony headphones. They will start flaking out in a couple of months of use so they really do not help to reduce waste. If you are really looking for longevity then it is better to go with the ones from OEM. The reason I suggested VMODA is because they are built like a tank so can survive drops and knocks, they are comfortable and are currently on sale and sometimes turn up even cheaper in pre-loved forums. Of course, if you do not have the budget then you will need to compromise on some of your requirements and look at alternatives.
Yes, 17k seems to be okay. Seriously considering it.

Back