ROG Maximus V Formula unboxing

Hi there folks..
Asus was kind enough to send me an sample from their ROG line up this time.Presenting the Maximus V Formula.
This is the mid range board from their Z77 ROG lineup and being as such it got everything one would look for in an enthusiast board.
the important features worth mentioning are :

• Fusion Thermo - World’s first hybrid air and water cooling thermal design.
  • SupremeFX IV – AMPed For Perfect Audio.
  • GameFirst II/Intel Gb LAN
  • mPCIe Combo + dual-band Wi-Fi/Bluetooth 4.0
  • ROG Connect
  • Extreme Engine Digi+ II
  • ROG Extreme OC kit

Now lets carry on with the un-boxing and preview.

DSCF6411.jpg

DSCF6440.jpg

The box is typical Rog style box with huge naming and graphics in the front and important features printed at the backside.
Opening the front flap give us a view of the board.

DSCF6419.jpg

DSCF6441.jpg

Rog motherboards typically comes in two box packages,one for the motherboard itself and other for the accessories.

DSCF6441.jpg

Box contents.
DSCF6442.jpg

It got everything you will need to build up a multi gpu system with WiFi out of the box.
The box has SATA III Cables;mPCIe card for WiFi;Sli/Xfire cable etc.
Her's a full list for you guys:

• User's manual
  • I/O Shield
  • 2 x SATA 3Gb/s cable(s)
  • 4 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
  • 1 x SLI bridge(s)
  • 1 x Q-connector(s) (2 in 1)
  • 1 x ROG Connect cable(s)
  • 1 x 12 in 1 ROG Cable Label(s)
  • 1 x mPCIe Combo card(s) with dual band WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n module + Bluetooth v4.0/3.0+HS module
  • 1 x 2-in-1 RF Cable(s)
  • 2 x Wi-Fi Ring Moving Antenna(s)

Up close
DSCF6443.jpg%20

DSCF6453.jpg

Typical ROG style board with black and red layout;the thing that strikes out most is the ceramic heatsinks on the VRM and PCH area.

DSCF6464.jpg

DSCF6487.jpg

The I/O ports
DSCF6470.jpg

The I/O port is brimming with stuff.

• 1 x DisplayPort
  • 1 x HDMI
  • 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s
  • 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
  • 4 x USB 3.0
  • 4 x USB 2.0
  • 1 x Optical S/PDIF out
  • 1 x Optical S/PDIF in
  • 5 x Audio jack(s)
  • 1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
  • 1 x ROG Connect On/ Off switch(es)

A few more shots:
DSCF6503.jpg

DSCF6458.jpg

DSCF6480.jpg

DSCF6490.jpg

Well,that all for today.i like a lot of stuff in this board..and i will talk about them in detail in the review;until then enjoy this preview and unboxing and post your comments,feedback's here.
signing out
Sumon Pathak

^^they didn't remove actually...in GENE THQ and EAX support was in the supreme FX III chip...we got an upgraded version of of that in the formula..

^^they didn't remove actually...in GENE THQ and EAX support was in the supreme FX III chip...we got an upgraded version of of that in the formula..

Am sorry I forgot before , good review :) .
Well yes they did remove it brother . In the FX III there was EAX and THQ and X-FI . In FX IV , instead of providing those they went for DTS II and ELNA capacitors ( claimed by asus as one of the best Audio capacitors ) and also an in-built 300 ohm headphone amp . I guess they could not put everything there , so they swapped those for the other wonderful things .
Just that some games use the EAX which would have been awesome .
Please correct me if am wrong , I am no professional reviewer like you , just got some info , this is a dream board :head2: .

Back