Budget 51-70k RTX Laptop for mainly Gaming

What's your Budget? >65K, not more than 80K
What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Mainly Netflix and other OTT platforms
What size and weight considerations do you have? Preferably 15 to 17 inches
Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Not bothered
Any other considerations? Would like an RTX 2060 laptop

yesterday a friend ordered an msi laptop worth 89k with 9th gen intel i7 and RTX2060. you can have a look at that too...
I guess that would be the MSI GF series. Unfortunately it has very poor build (flexing plastic), a poor screen (60% sRGB) and struggles with thermals (especially with Intel 9th gen and inadequate cooling). Also if you even want to use it a bit on battery even when not gaming, it runs for less than 2 hours with the 51 Wh battery. Overall, a huge compromise.

On the other hand, depending on the offers, one can get Ryzen 4800H with 1 TB SSD, 16 GB DDR3200 and 90 Wh battery for less than 1L. Certainly worth paying a bit extra.

Last edited:
Hi !
Looking for a gaming laptop too, something upto 85k. Prefer dell models. Please suggest.
Thanks !
If you don't have an immediate need for it, then wait for the laptops with Ryzen 5000/Tiger Lake and RTX 30xx.

Also Dell commands a premium for just the brand name. Also Dell support is so costly, that you will not go beyond the first year.

For gaming laptops, you can just as well go with Acer and Asus on the price-side. You can get 3 years warranty for much less than 10k.

Hi !
Looking for a gaming laptop too, something upto 85k. Prefer dell models. Please suggest.
Thanks !
Dell G5 15 SE Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 4600H - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home/6 GB Graphics/AMD Radeon RX 5600M/120 Hz) G5 5505 Gaming Laptop

I guess that would be the MSI GF series. Unfortunately it has very poor build (flexing plastic), a poor screen (60% sRGB) and struggles with thermals (especially with Intel 9th gen and inadequate cooling). Also if you even want to use it a bit on battery even when not gaming, it runs for less than 2 hours with the 51 Wh battery. Overall, a huge compromise.

On the other hand, depending on the offers, one can get Ryzen 4800H with 1 TB SSD, 16 GB DDR3200 and 90 Wh battery for less than 1L. Certainly worth paying a bit extra.

Hi,

I have ordered the said model , aware of battsey backup issue and screen color gamut. Did not see any mention of thermal throttling , infact my friend has an i7 9th gen based gaming laptop with 1660ti and never faced any issues

Hi,

I have ordered the said model , aware of battsey backup issue and screen color gamut. Did not see any mention of thermal throttling , infact my friend has an i7 9th gen based gaming laptop with 1660ti and never faced any issues
To be frank, cooling is really an issue with the Intel 9th gen in general. I had a 9980HK Dell XPS laptop with 5 GHz turbo which really managed to run at 3.8 GHz under full load.

MSI would be a bit better in that sense but the thermals are inferior to Acer or Asus at the same price range.

I have a Ryzen 4800H now which never throttles at its turbo speed of 4.3 GHz. In that sense, there is little that can be done with the later 14nm processors from Intel on budget gaming laptops. Undervolting will definitely help and I used to go close to 200 mV to lower the temps.

Also the lower CPU temps actually help the GPU in operating at its TDP which again does not happen with the hot Intel CPUs. Lastly, RTX 2060 for laptops was refreshed to operate at higher TDP in April of last year and the ones paired with the 9th gen are the lower TDP ones.

Last edited:
No doubt that the 4800H would be much better, the Dell G5 did interest me but the 2060 seems to be a fair bit better than the 5600X overall in terms of performance so decided otherwise. I received the laptop today
i) display quality is ok for gaming/day to day work, brightness is ok (Dell G5 as per reviews had half the brightness of this model so would have been even lower)
ii) Build Quality is good enough , previously having owned a Lenovo/Sony Vaio this build seems to be much sturdier than the other 2

Yet to game and test load level performance, the fan is indeed a bit noisy even on normal load but for people who use headphones will not be an issue. My PC is equally loud but dont get disturbed while working or gaming with headphones

Back