Ruggedness Redefined

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
The new benchmark in rugged smartphones. Cost me 425 $ + 25$ unlocking charge + 2k in shipping duties with SNS.

Congrats Sire, by the way I thought you were going for the SONY Acro S. What caused the change of heart?

I hate phones with screen sizes in excess of 4 inches - makes them impractical to carry + I have had horrible experiences with sony over the years

According to me the perfect phone would be a 4 inch dual core motorola defy with the exact same build quality and looks of the existing defy + 2500 mah battery + a decent camera + 16gb inbuilt storage + external micro sd card support + 1 gb ram. The Motorola Defy still feels more rugged to me and more capable of taking punishment although I haven't subject the Samsung rugby pro to the same level of torture testing yet, I am sure it will handle it. The Defy is chunkier compared to the Samsung Rugby pro and feels better to hold. However the Samsung's build quality is second to none. Its weird how plasticky the Galaxy S3 is compared to the Rugby - which shows Samsung can apply itself to build well made strong phones.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3514&idPhone2=5019

dexBG Are you an Apple user?

According to me the perfect phone would be a 4 inch dual core motorola defy with the exact same build quality and looks of the existing defy + 2500 mah battery + a decent camera + 16gb inbuilt storage + external micro sd card support + 1 gb ram. The Motorola Defy still feels more rugged to me and more capable of taking punishment although I haven't subject the Samsung rugby pro to the same level of torture testing yet, I am sure it will handle it. The Defy is chunkier compared to the Samsung Rugby pro and feels better to hold. However the Samsung's build quality is second to none. Its weird how plasticky the Galaxy S3 is compared to the Rugby - which shows Samsung can apply itself to build well made strong phones.

Motorola DEFY vs. Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro I547 - GSMArena.com

I will gladly dispel all associations with Apple and say that I am also a proud DEFY owner. :bigok:

Motorola DEFY vs. Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro I547 - GSMArena.com

On a side-note, may I know if such rugged phones and laptops are a job requirement or you just like things tough? :p

I need to travel a lot thanks to my job and prefer rugged devices due to the frequent manhandling by airport security. I do have a penchant for well made rugged devices. They do outlast most normal devices.

congrats beech , post some better quality pics now that you have a good cam and yes this can take much mroe beating than the defy enjoy it :) costed as much as a s3 but what the heck to each their own.

Back