Monitors Samsung 2033sw OR Viewsonic VX1932WM LED??

Nolasco

Disciple
Well my cousin wants to go in for a new LCD. Had suggested he goes in for the Samsung 2033sw which seems quite popular over here until someone from his IT Dept at office said the Viewsonic VX1932WM being an LED is better and to go for that one. Am confused right now...what would ur'll suggest to get??

Main usage wil be casual surfing and watching movies. Rarely if any gaming that also on onboard G31 so not needed for games as such.

Thanks in advance :)

I have a samsung 2033 sw+... Great unit... Just that it has an irritating stand problem.

Viewsonic... well... my bro had it.. didnt last a full year... i am not so sure... may be a cheaper option.

2033 SW+ is available at around 7500 range though!

Thanks for the reply.
Am getting the Samsung one at around Rs 6700. Viewsonic is also around the same price if not more. Not sure though. Any other views??

being an LED display, VS should be much lower on power consumption.
But I would invest in better service
BenQ 18.5 " LED consumes max 17w

i bought 2033 SW+ two weeks back. so far satisfied with the performance. also it has great looks. here is Pune i got it for 7k. if you are in mumbai, you can get it for 6.6-6.7

Doesnt Samsung have any LED monitors? How are benq monitors? I think even their ASS is not that gr8?? Suggestions plz....
Still not sure which one to go for....model numbers would be appreciated.....
Would 2033Sw+ be fine or an LED display be better??

Nolasco said:
Doesnt Samsung have any LED monitors? How are benq monitors? I think even their ASS is not that gr8?? Suggestions plz....
Still not sure which one to go for....model numbers would be appreciated.....
Would 2033Sw+ be fine or an LED display be better??

I am using 2033 sw+ I fell it is a good monitor. Viewsonic VX1932WM has 250 cd/m2 brightness but 2033 has 300 cd/m2 brightness that is the main reason for less power consumption but you can manually reduce the brightness and contrast in samsung monitor also so that you can make it to use less power I am doing this for my normal use the higher brightness will help while playing games.I think the term LED used in monitors is marketing gimmicks to confuse consumer because as of now all monitors made in LCD only but only difference is backlight is made from LED or not.2033 sw+ has 1600x900 and 20 inch screen but VX1932WM has 1440x900 as resolution and 19 inch screen..But VX1932WM come with DVI cable and Integrated stereo speakers.

4 yrs back ....many of my friends bought vsonic....all of them faced problems of some sort...it has poor quality .........after sales support is terrible.....refrain from buying even if it looks good on paper....i

Back