Video Samsung 64F8500 TV - No Picture - Service quote is 80k

Vij

Skilled
Guys, I am devastated. My Samsung 64 F8500 plasma TV has died on me just after 1 year warranty. Has sound but no picture.

1. It started around the 11th month where the TV would only give out the sound(no picture) once in a while - this happened once every 20 starts or so.

2. Around the 13th month, the TV wouldnt start once in a while(1 in 5 starts) but would eventually start within a min... This delay extended sometimes to 5 min by the 14 month.

3. Now, after 16 months, it just wont show picture and only give the sound. The weird part is that even the sound comes in after about a minute of the power light blink.

Here is the video I made

Samsung India service asking to change panel and quoted 80k with the TV just out of warranty
eek.gif

Samsung India have a section where we can send complaint email to the executive management - I am doing that now with a link to my video. Not holding my breath - but I am not going to splurge 80k servicing a TV that's just over a year old.

Last edited:
I had a 4 year old panasonic 40 inch plasma with the same issue.
Replaced the panel for 14k from panasonic official.
They gave a warranty of just 1 month. After 6 months, again the same issue.

Sadly this is the state of TV's nowadays. Now I am using 24 inch desktop monitor as TV :(

Your TV has ONLY 3 parts. Power Supply, Mainboard and the Panel. Power supply costs between 3k and 15k depending on model. mainboard and panel are obviously the more expensive components then. This is true for any Plasma or LCD/LED Tv in the market sadly.

Really the quality of these LCD/LED TVs is bad. I have hardly seen anyone using these TVs more than a few years. I myself am facing issue with cloudy screen for my out of warranty Sony TV and I am finding it difficult to find a reliable brand that will work for more than just a few years. Our earlier CRT TVs worked for a decade with minor repairs. :(

Damn. This is really ridiculous. I myself have a 51" Samsung Plasma but was lucky to get 2 years warranty with it but the state of affairs is really sad. I won't be buying an expensive TV for sure anytime in the future now.
Any idea how repairable are projectors?

Guys, I am devastated. My Samsung 64 F8500 plasma TV has died on me just after 1 year warranty. Has sound but no picture.

1. It started around the 11th month where the TV would only give out the sound(no picture) once in a while - this happened once every 20 starts or so.

2. Around the 13th month, the TV wouldnt start once in a while(1 in 5 starts) but would eventually start within a min... This delay extended sometimes to 5 min by the 14 month.

3. Now, after 16 months, it just wont show picture and only give the sound. The weird part is that even the sound comes in after about a minute of the power light blink.

Here is the video I made

Samsung India service asking to change panel and quoted 80k with the TV just out of warranty
eek.gif

Samsung India have a section where we can send complaint email to the executive management - I am doing that now with a link to my video. Not holding my breath - but I am not going to splurge 80k servicing a TV that's just over a year old.
So why didnt you get it serviced immediately as it was within the warranty period by then?

Damn. This is really ridiculous. I myself have a 51" Samsung Plasma but was lucky to get 2 years warranty with it but the state of affairs is really sad. I won't be buying an expensive TV for sure anytime in the future now.
Any idea how repairable are projectors?
+1

Back