FS: Storage Hardware Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

niceguy1430

Disciple
Still interested in this to speed up my OS loading. Another noob question. I currently have a 2TB internal HDD divided into 5 partitions.
I plan to put this SSD which will have my OS (Win7). Just wondering if I buy this SSD, will I be able to clone my existing C partition on this or will I have to load everything from scratch including the games and software on the other 4 partitions.

deadbynight

Recruit
AFAIK no. Feel free to correct me here anyone.
Still interested in this to speed up my OS loading. Another noob question. I currently have a 2TB internal HDD divided into 5 partitions.
I plan to put this SSD which will have my OS (Win7). Just wondering if I buy this SSD, will I be able to clone my existing C partition on this or will I have to load everything from scratch including the games and software on the other 4 partitions.
Also a fresh install will get rid of all the clutter you've accumulated. You could just copy the important files over.

CyberGhost

Disciple
You can clone your OS partition only with samsung migration wizard, but cloning from HDD takes an eternity of possible try to do a fresh start if not then you anyways have the option to clone

If in case you want help in cloning I'll guide you with the process

X0th3rm1k

Disciple
Hey, out of curiousity, I'm currently using an AData 120 GB SATA SSD as my boot drive for Windows 11 (Not sure if it's the SU650 or SU630, but I know the drive has a green sticker on it) and I was wondering, would there be any difference in the boot speed if I switch from that to this? I've always been curious about the R/W speed differences between SATA SSDs and NVMe SSDs.

CyberGhost

Disciple
Hey, out of curiousity, I'm currently using an AData 120 GB SATA SSD as my boot drive for Windows 11 (Not sure if it's the SU650 or SU630, but I know the drive has a green sticker on it) and I was wondering, would there be any difference in the boot speed if I switch from that to this? I've always been curious about the R/W speed differences between SATA SSDs and NVMe SSDs.
ygpm

Status
Not open for further replies.