Storage Solutions Samsung DVDRW tray problem!

Wraith

Skilled
I have a Samsung SH S223F DVDRW which is mounted vertically in the cabinet. Since the past few days the tray is acting weird, most of the time when i press the eject button the tray opens and then closes immediately on its own.

I literally have to pull on the tray to insert any disc. Any solutions to this problem?

Wraith said:
I have a Samsung SH S223F DVDRW which is mounted vertically in the cabinet. Since the past few days the tray is acting weird, most of the time when i press the eject button the tray opens and then closes immediately on its own.

I literally have to pull on the tray to insert any disc. Any solutions to this problem?

from my past experience i've always faced problems related to tray in samsung optical drives..
if it's out of warranty then i'll suggest you to open it & lubricate the gears with few drops of oil.
do this if you know how to do otherwise you'll end up ruining your Optical Drive.

DVD with tray systems always get this problem in a few years, most often caused by slack rubber bands that are growing old, replacing these correct most of the problems.

even my samsung dvd writer has the same problem...however after 3 or 4 repeated attempts... by pressing eject button it works fine... some times it happens sometimes it does not...

its more to do with firmware i guess

Wraith said:
Well my DVDRW is just a couple of months old! I guess i am gonna have to get it replaced under warranty.

p.s. if the dvd drive is functioning! then DO NOT go in for RMA. In RMA they dont give new , they mostly repair (i.e cause more kaput) or they replace with another drive with whose (what?) some issue was fixed.

I remember having the same issue, and i insisted they change the drive assembly while i stood there and watched. That guy obliged to do that.

Another drive underwent the same treatment , direct body xchange - but the drive was out-of-warranty, he himself asked for a few covering 'letters' and so i got it fixed!

Back