samsung focus or wave 2

hi guys, i am confused between these two phones. the price is almost the same, on ebay deal just 800rs difference. ive used neither windows os nor bada before so there is no such preference. i am leaning towards focus because of its bigger display. i dont know which processor is more powerful, they both got 1ghz proccy. so what do you guys say?

good camera, easy to use for people who are not much into computers and gadgets, good support for various movie formats, good screen, fm radio. looking at the specs they both are almost the same in these aspects.

hmm... between Wave II and Focus,

1. Camera - both have good 5Mp camera with 720p. I Don't know about Wave II but Focus's camera produces good images in daylight. 720p is pretty choppy though - almost no use.

2. Ease of use - Windows Phone 7 is extremely easy and pleasure to use. But you will miss things like mass storage mode and will have to rely heavily on Zune for syncing everything (like iTunes) whereas in case of Wave II, you can just drag drop files

3. Video Codec support - Focus i.e. WP7 does not support XViD/DiVX or mkv out of the box and there is no 3rd party solution to it right now. So you will have to either manually convert videos or Zune will do that for you in many cases. Wave II on the other hand has pretty comprehensive codec support and plays almost any type of file upto 720p. So that's a big bonus there for Wave II

4. Screen - Focus has 4" 480x800 SuperAMOLED vs. Wave II's 3.7" 480x800 S-LCD. Wave II has higher ppi but Focus has extreme high contrast (theoretically infinite) and vibrant colors - as we expect from SAMOLED screens. But do note that this is PenTile AMOLED so there are just 2/3rd amount of sub-pixels compared to Wave II's S-LCD. Movie watching will be more enjoyable on Focus due to bigger screen and awesome SAMOLED.

5. FM Radio - Both have it

Now coming towards OS in general, bada's future does not look as bright as WP7 right now so if you consider future apps / games availability or even general community support, WP7 is the way to go.

thanks a lot, that was a great post, thanks again for making everything so very clear. focus video quality is ok i suppose (checked some youtube sample) but no xvid and divx support and syncing with zune is troublemsome.

joyceanblue said:
focus video quality is ok i suppose (checked some youtube sample) but no xvid and divx support and syncing with zune is troublemsome.

videos are choppy if you pan around. In those cases it will have jerky movements. But if you hold it still, video will be good. Not great, but good.

regarding syncing with Zune, there is some hack which provides somewhat mass storage like option. But then you will have to understand how to apply the hack and then it defeats the purpose - easy to use for people who are not much into computers and gadgets

well i suppose i can apply the hack and store the files myself the phone will be used by my mum but ill have to do all the file transfer from my pc, another thing i see in favor of wave 2 is tv out, focus lacks it, doesnt it?

joyceanblue said:
well i suppose i can apply the hack and store the files myself the phone will be used by my mum but ill have to do all the file transfer from my pc, another thing i see in favor of wave 2 is tv out, focus lacks it, doesnt it?

for general file transfers even Zune is not bad. You won't need hacking.

Not sure about TV Out for Focus. Maybe there is some accessory which I am not aware of so please confirm that from someone

For general multimedia usage (for non technophiles), Wave 2 anyday over focus;

> Excellent Video player supporting most formats

>USB mass storage

>Easier to use (subjective)

>Comes with Original Indian warranty

>better games???

Back