Audio Samsung Galaxy Buds FE reportedly exploded

Reminded me of a post I made some years back

The internal battery got shorted by sweat. Now THAT could make them explode :dead:
the moral of the story is you need good IP(x,y) ratings on ear buds to prevent this problem. The x is dust and y is for water.

Number y needs to be minimum 4 or better for TWS. IPx4 means its splash proof from all directions.
If it does not have an IP y rating. DON'T BUY THEM !
Buds FE has no IP rating (!)

You would think the problem would be more prevalent. I guess one unlucky person found out
I almost ordered the Sony WF C700N and then checked out these FE ones which are already being used by my wife. The benchmarks on rtings.cok blows away every other sub 100USD True Wireless out there.
Yes very good call quality but you could also consider the Gen 1 Jabra Elite 8 Active during sales.

Same as FE for call quality and exceptional battery for TWS

I don't know if we will see Jabra Gen 2 of that model in India which is supposed to have improved noise cancelling over Gen 1

Last edited:

You would think the problem would be more prevalent. I guess one unlucky person found out

Yes very good call quality but you could also consider the Jabra Elite 8 Active.

^^ More reason to avoid it then, no IP rating. TWS are mostly used during exercise hence more susceptible to sweat exposure. Moreover, our country climate is hotter than usual so better to invest in safety than be sorrow.

Glad there aren't many incidents. Sucks for that person to permanently loose hearing. Thankfully, my Buds 2 pro has IpX7.

Reminded me of a post I made some years back

Yes very good call quality but you could also consider the Gen 1 Jabra Elite 8 Active during sales.

I don't know if we will see Jabra Gen 2 of that model in India which is supposed to have improved noise cancelling over Gen 1
This seems like a fake case, the damage is all outside, and the guy is claiming the right ear suffered hearing loss, but the left bud is the one that is burned in the images. Most likely they already had hearing loss, and burned the bud due to some other reason, and are using this story to get compensated. He even put the buds in the wrong place in the case (L in R and R in L) to try to hide it. Earbud battery simply isn't big enough to cause such hearing damage. You can dip some cheap 1000Rs TWS in salt water and see if you get an explosion.

This seems like a fake case, the damage is all outside, and the guy is claiming the right ear suffered hearing loss, but the left bud is the one that is burned in the images. Most likely they already had hearing loss, and burned the bud due to some other reason, and are using this story to get compensated. He even put the buds in the wrong place in the case (L in R and R in L) to try to hide it. Earbud battery simply isn't big enough to cause such hearing damage.
Any source for this?

You can dip some cheap 1000Rs TWS in salt water and see if you get an explosion.
From the earlier linked post

While some of the reports have cautioned users not to rely on such inexpensive and likely substandard earphones, such explosive events can befall expensive trusted brands too. A few years ago a woman suffered facial burns when her Beats headphones exploded on a flight from Beijing to Melbourne, and a man in Florida was shocked to find one of his Apple AirPods had blown up after he removed them while at a gym because he had seen white smoke coming out of them.

Any source for this?
Use some translate tool to view in English

Back