Samsung Galaxy Note and Nokia Lumia 800

iknowledge

Disciple
Hello Guys,

I am looking at purchasing a Samsung Galaxy Note / Nokia Lumia 800. Which phone is better?

Which is the best site to buy this phone at competitive price?

I am also looking out for selling Nokia E63. It is 2 yrs old. How much can I expect for this phone?

The phone is in a very good condition.

In before this becomes an Android vs WP7 argument !

Both operating systems have their pros n cons. There is no "better" phone , it all depends on your use case. Though just keep in mind how massive the Note is :)

For a two year old e63 ~ 3.5K

Also, you have to know what you want, check them out personally, as both have specific purposes as devices. Where the note is a hybrid of a tablet with phone, for people who desire a tablet and wished it had 3g and calling features; the lumia is a well optimized w7 phone, which to be frank, is overpriced for the specs.

Choice is yours and yours alone. So decide what you want to do with your device. Possibilities are always endless, but the "less" word is always there for every OS. Good luck bro. :)

It all depends on your usage and what are your expectations from your phone. My father doesn't touch anything that is not Nokia or doesn't have a Physical Keyboard.

If you are an average user (Music, Browsing, Mails, Texting, Little Bit of Games, Looks). Go for Windows Phone 7.5 Powered Lumia 800.

But if you are a Power user who needs total control over his device i.e., continuously mods and alters the phone's interface and other tweaks to make his phone different from the Lot then go for any Dual Core Android Handset.

Your Priorities=Your Device

Well, comparing them is pointless, as one is a phone and the other is somewhere between a phone and a tablet.

It all depends on what you want: do you primarily want a phone (but much more functional), or a mini-tablet pc that also happens to make calls and has a 3G functionality. Also, IMO the Note cannot be comfortably used one-handed. YMMV though.

Try them both out and pick one and enjoy it to the fullest! :)

I would say the lumia 800, (though i prefer the android operating system) Lumia is a great phone and it is for more portable and will be easy to use with one hand it also has a corning gorrila glass same as the note. If your pocket is big enough to house a 5.3inch cellphone then go for it but i would definitely pick the lumia 800. Lumia has a fresh look and fell to it.

You can also have a look at the SGS II.

Decide what you want. If you want a phone and have deep pockets then ip4s . If you want best looking phone in the market then the lumia. And if pseudo tablet then note. See there is no confusion when you have the choice of buying such incredible devices. Any of them will be good. All of them will be best.

drsingh said:
samsung note id the only phone I would consider spending >25k for.I love big screens and stylus drawing capabilities.

Again, I'd like to comment on this, since each of our tastes and needs are different, we like different interpretations of the same thing (in this case, a smartphone). So basically stands like this:

1. Pick out your priorities , like what do you want your smartphone to be able to do.
2. Check your budget and pick the best smartphones which fall into it.
3. Go into respective dealers/shops for a closer look, in-hand feel and read market feedback of the device.
4. Finalize, buy, and post in 'Show-off' thread ;)

Basically, Lumia 800 and Galaxy Note are two completely different devices, catering to two completely different genre of people (by genre I mean no offense to anyone, it's just a term to sort out who likes what). First ask yourself what you need and then go right ahead.

That said, both phones are fantastic and should serve you some heavy flaunting rights :eek:hyeah:

egobrain.exe said:
I'd rather make a choice b/w the Note and the 4s. Obviously, being an apple fanboi i'll lean over the 4s more but yeah if not the 4s Samsung Note will be the one for me.

Like I said, depends on what you like, bro :)

Now lets see what OP likes and what he'd buy :D Anyways we're sure to get a new post on show-off whethere he buys the Note, Lumia, or 4S.

Back