Samsung Galaxy R - a good choice?

rosemolr

Disciple
Hi guys,

A couple of weeks back i planned to change ma "outdated" iphone 2g and to buy a smartphone with android OS.Previously my plan was to buy Galaxy SLi9003 but in between while reading some reviews in here and other forums i thought about extending my budget and to buy Galaxy R.

Two days back i found a very nice deal in ebay but the phone was selling out like hotcake before i could make the transfer the seller ended the listing.I'm planning to do the purchase with EMI with my HDFC credit card.

Eventhough the rate in Flipkart was high i thought of buying it from flipkart but unfortunately it also moved to out of stock now.I'am watching ebay to buy the item wheneve the phone get listed with 20k pricetag.

Please help me out to find a trustworth online deal with HDFC emi option.

Please also comment whether i made the right decision for going galaxy R in 20k budget.

Thanks in advance guys...

Galaxy R was 18.5K odd on Sulekha IIRC-nice and sleek little thing, like a smaller Galaxy Note.

I like the back cover, metallic grey- definitely looks better than the cheap-looking one on the SII.

A friend got one and it has almost Galaxy SII like specs and the screen is good too, seems like a much better buy that the Galaxy S Plus or something that sells for 21K odd?.
<

(just don't hold it next to a SII or Galaxy Note ever and you might miss noting.)

I own it and can vouch for it!!

Very good phone.. NEVER LAGGED!! Awesome Battery Life, great Screen.!!!

If Only it had a SuperAMOLED Scree, I would have hit 5 Days of battery..!!

Got 4 Days off it before it Ran out of Juice(Well Almost.. Was still at 7%)

The good battery backup for an android phone is a huge usp.

Good camera and excellent specs make it a good buy and as Bikey sire has said its better than other phones in the same price range.

Eventhough the rate in Flipkart was high i thought of buying it from flipkart but unfortunately it also moved to out of stock now.I'am watching ebay to buy the item wheneve the phone get listed with 20k pricetag.

Please help me out to find a trustworth online deal with HDFC emi option.

Please also comment whether i made the right decision for going galaxy R in 20k budget.

Its still available on flipkart. A piece was delivered to me from flipkart just this Wednesday .Its an excellent phone in that price category i think. The only phone with dual core processor and 1GB ram inside the 21k range.

Even though new phones will be getting launched at MWC, they wont be available in market till mid march atleast ... But there might be slight correction in prices if Galaxy Nexus lands here before March ...

GSMArena's Review is here

Its a Great phone.. Superb battery backup, so just go ahead!!

My Friends S2 Barely lasts a Day and my R lasts 4!! Imagine!!

Thats exaggeration. There is no way the SGR provides 4 times the battery life of SGS2. Your usage must be way different than your friend's.

I dont think the price will drop for a couple of months at least, because it doesnt seem like any other manufacture is going to launch a dual core droid in the ~20k range in the near future.

Thats exaggeration. There is no way the SGR provides 4 times the battery life of SGS2. Your usage must be way different than your friend's.

I dont think the price will drop for a couple of months at least, because it doesnt seem like any other manufacture is going to launch a dual core droid in the ~20k range in the near future.

Agreed. 4 days battery, no way.

#teja92 can you put up a Screen shot of the battery usage pattern ?

To all, I will definitely post soon.. Today Morn I charged it upto 93%, so lost the stats..

Wait for 2 days, and you can see it for yourself..
<

About the comparison with S2, My friend uses it on 3G, me on 2G. Maybe thats the case, but still, He struggles for 1 day, I thrive for 5 days from now..
<

My usage is pretty simple, I use it for App Development, WiFi Browsing, Games, Ebooks and Notes..

Music, I have a Sansa Clip+ for that... SO, It will def last 4 days.. Will post a screenshot..

Just today, it went down 10% after 10hrs, using it at 100% brightness, and just texting..

In comparison to the S2 its a VFM buy.

But the built quality and the durability is rather poor. Have a look at this review-the way the back side has shown signs of wear, i wont go near the same even at 15k !

The review is not exactly correct. You do not have to charge it twice a day unless you are on 3G and using data connection all day along with games.

The build quality is not poor. In fact the metallic finish is great and looks great as well.

The front camera is not VGA, but 1.3 MP.

If it is out of stock now, then it might come again with ICS pre-loaded.

Don't think Sammy will discontinue SGR so soon.The available device was imported/manufactued in Oct'11. So, after price drop it was sold out.

Guess,it should be available with ICS by March-April.

Back