Samsung galaxy r

I myself am in the same boat. From the previews on the link you posted and on GSMArena, its perfect for my requirements. It'll be difficult to choose between this one and Defy+ if pricing is about the same. I only hope Samsung don't price this above 20k.

boogeyman said:
I myself am in the same boat. From the previews on the link you posted and on GSMArena, its perfect for my requirements. It'll be difficult to choose between this one and Defy+ if pricing is about the same. I only hope Samsung don't price this above 20k.

Errr... Defy+ will have the same SOC as Defy. You can already OC the Defy Proccessor to well over 1Ghz. Its just a marketing gimmick. They now just clock it at 1GHz in factory itself and is useful for people who doesnt tinker with the ROM.

The Galaxy R is a completely different beast! It has a dual core Tegra2 like the 2X and Atrix. Only other differences are the screen which is now a LCD and the downgraded cam.

My guess is the pricing would be ~22k-24k to wipe out the Optimus 2X. I dont think they will price a dual core SOC phone <20k.

Galaxy R surely is being targetted at the price band where the HTC Incredible S and as mentioned by DA, Optimus 2x are currently sitting.

Earlier i was sure that the phone would come out within 24-26k range, but with the offers of S2 on ebay, i am not too sure about the pricing now.

Galaxy R gonna be direct competitor to Motorola Atrix, if it makes a debut here. Take a look: Atrix Vs Galaxy R

LG Optimus 2x will loose out on the bugs it invariably keeps popping, and Samsung will capture that slab if Atrix doesnt comes around. But to think that Galaxy R is gonna be priced near about the Galaxy S i9000, thats really being off the mark.

DarkAngel said:
Errr... Defy+ will have the same SOC as Defy. You can already OC the Defy Proccessor to well over 1Ghz. Its just a marketing gimmick. They now just clock it at 1GHz in factory itself and is useful for people who doesnt tinker with the ROM.

The Galaxy R is a completely different beast! It has a dual core Tegra2 like the 2X and Atrix. Only other differences are the screen which is now a LCD and the downgraded cam.

My guess is the pricing would be ~22k-24k to wipe out the Optimus 2X. I dont think they will price a dual core SOC phone <20k.

Ohh... I didn't notice the dual core part. :ashamed: But then, if its priced at 22-24k, then I don't think people would buy this one when SGS2 is available for just 3-4 k more (I'm assuming SGS2 prices should settle to 26-27k by the time SGR is released). 3-4k extra for a much better camera (with Full-HD), Super-AMOLED, slightly bigger screen, thinner form factor... sounds like a complete steal.

This is the segment where I think Sony-Ericsson has completely lost it. There are no updates about Neo. Neo (being single-core) would've been the segment leader if it came out on time and was priced at around 20k. The Arc is good looking, no doubt but just too expensive for the single-core hardware its coming with. They were looking really promising when they released the Arc and announced GB update for X10, but I'm guessing the Japan earthquake completely shattered SE's dreams to make it big in the Android world.

Unfortunately Samsung will never price Galaxy R below 24-25k. At the moment 24-25k is considered to be good price for dual core phone with Galaxy R specs. But I am wondering how many people will get it considering S2 can be had for a little more with better overall package?

@boogeyman:

Sony is on the same path as Nokia was going. Arriving late to the scene and have the audacity to over price their phones due to branding. Samsung is the only manufacturer who is taking the right moves.

I'd like to believe that the price will be between 22.5k to 24k initially. But should settle at 22k within a month or so. A price higher than this won't produce sales since it'll be in the same price bracket as the S2 and a lower price would hurt Nexus S and Galaxy S sales (Assuming that Samsung does not stop producing Galaxy S by that time)

With so many options coming out and trying to stay competitive in the market, Samsung will definitely drop the price. Also Samsung is planning on releasing the upgraded version of S2 and identical Nexus Prime. Those phones coming out at the end of the year, price drop for their current model is also seems possible.

Back