Samsung Galaxy S Purchase advice

maheeinfy

Disciple
Hi All,

Im planning to buy Galaxy S I9000 which is currently saled at Rs. 19999 in flipkart. It seems Galaxy R is going to release soon in India and Samsung might stash down price of Galaxy S. Should i wait? I mean is the price difference is going to be really a lot?

Also please suggest hows the gaming experience on GalaxyS I9000. I will be doing a lot of gaming..So i really need to know if its fast enough to handle big name games? Thanks in advance guys!!

Galaxy s can handle 99% of the games in market. Yes there are some games that need the tegra chip but even then there is nothing that can escape the future.

Btw it depends whether galaxy r comes to India or not? And maybe by the time it launches it might be priced at the level of s2. (Which might have decreased by then)

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

If U watch ebay india Big Bang Bargains,( which come at 11 AM every day ) U could pick it up cheaper , recently, with a 5% coupon- Galaxy S I9000 was for 17.5k ( i think 60 pcs were sold out in 8 hrs.)

While Galaxy S is still a great phone to buy. Buying a dual core phone would be better if you do lots of gaming. Sure Galaxy S can handle most of the games and even Tegra games, thanks to chainfire 3d.

My experience with Galaxy S gaming:

I absolutely love the gaming experience on my Captivate and sometimes more enjoyable than my G2X due to overclocking and custom kernel which improves my gpu performance. But the G2X tegra games beats the Galaxy S gaming hands down. Sure I played some Tegra 2 games on my captivate by installing chainfire 3D. But keep in mind, that the games will get better and better which in turn requires you to have a better hardware.

My advice:

1) I would only recommend you to wait if you also want to test the dual core market. With so many options coming around, the older dual core ones like LG 2X (dual core) will get price drop.

2) If you do not want to wait, then of course Galaxy S is the only model I would recommend that can give you a good gaming experience.

If you decide to buy Galaxy S, then you do not need to wait and go ahead a get one ;)

If you are in Gaming on Mobile then I think you can get Motorola Atrix (Bid and import from ebay) in the price of Samsung Galaxy S but the only drawback will be no Indian warranty. Think about it.

you should buy a dual core phone. Future proof. Try importing else get the lg optimus 2x. and now you can also check out moto photon 4g. same price as atrix but with a bigger screen and the webtock can be used with a TV. you can get it cheaper as it is cdma phone with a sim card slot. Can be used in India.

The problem with Optimus Black is that OP will be taking a step backwards in terms of hardware and gaming experience. Other than brightness and slim design, Galaxy S hands down trumps the Optimus Black. Also the Optimus black has the same specs as Galaxy SL.

@OP,

As sagar_coolx recommends, look at Optimus Black. But do not expect any great gaming experience from it. Only advantages are brightness and design.

Thanks for the advice guys!!

I think for my budget(<20K), a dual core phone is difficult to get.I might go with Galaxy S. Also I m not worrying much about being future proof..If in near future, if i find this is not running games smooth, will sell it 2nd hand..btw i heard this has good resale value.

I have seen many comparisons among phones in this range like Galaxy S/Nexus S/Optimus Black/HTC desire S etc..Liked galaxy s overall. More than anything i liked the rugged look and build. Thats the reason i opted this to Nexus S.

Just for thought, Ipod Touch is getting ready for october release. So how about spending my money on it as it opens to huge IOS gaming experience..There might even be a 3G version of Ipod.Ofcourse i should get a basic phone from nokia in this case :)

paarkhi said:
CDMA is locked to Sprint in Photon 4G
It is locked but can be unlocked just like any other gsm phone. It can be used in India after unlocking it but cant be used in the US without sprint. So it be would be cheaper for a phone like that.

maheeinfy said:
Just for thought, Ipod Touch is getting ready for october release. So how about spending my money on it as it opens to huge IOS gaming experience..There might even be a 3G version of Ipod.Ofcourse i should get a basic phone from nokia in this case :)

Although app-wise and gaming wise the iTouch is better, here are the disadvantages:

1. You have to carry 2 devices at a time

2. No 3G in iTouch (as of now), so you cannot download apps, surf the net or do anything similar outside unless you find yourself a Wifi hotspot

3. Poor camera (both of them), not expected to improve much even in the next generation

4. Cannot do some basic stuff like sending/receiving stuff over bluetooth and cannot do even stuff like copy, paste or move files (unless you jailbreak)

5. No custom ROMS

In my opinion, getting an iTouch may even save you money but you can never run away from these problems. That is why even though i have an iPod Touch, i do not carry it around frequently and thus will soon go on the hunt for a new Droid soon.

i am a nexus s fan....so what you don't get in galaxy s is flash,future updates.....and when it comes to gaming i am sure nexus s is the first device game devs test their games/apps on....

think about it...

For your budget (<20k), getting a motorola photon would be the best deal, esp considering it doesn't need to be unlocked to be used for a GSM sim card

And u get a dual core nvidia tegra 2 device which can slice through any game u throw at it!

Look for auctions on ebay.com, u can get one at around $350-370 and then ship it via SnS

Back