Adept
Incoming . . . !
<

HTC, LG & Motorola take cover as you could get injured or shot dead,

Holler Microsoft & Nokia take some cues to bed,

Apple don't look with envy you'll get your chances too,

As here comes Galaxy S3, now say Ooo !

© cooleagle(TechEnclave)

The above lines are pun intended only and not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.
<
They were written in a short span of time so there could be some grammatical mistakes.
<

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/SamsungMobile/status/191798576278536192

Mirror: http://translate.google.co.in/trans...e=android-browser&biw=980&bih=796&prmd=imvnsa

Mirror: http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/16/samsung-will-unveil-the-next-galaxy-phone-may-3rd-in-london/

Here's the invitation which was received by Tweakers.net

728f3384-d92e-812e.jpg

One more thing to be noted, the chosen date is 5.3 ( 5/3/12) which looks like S.3
<

Mods, a request please don't delete this thread, it can be used for the News, Discussions & all things related to Samsung Galaxy S3.
<
<

What i expect is Quad core procy, 1-2gb ram, 32gb internal m/m, 12mpix camera which can record 1080p upto 60fps, 4.7 HD SuperAmoled+ screen, 9 mm waistline, GPU powerful than Mali 400.

Lets wait n watch what they are going to offer !!!

With the One X, already out. The S3 better come equipped, else the competition won't be fun enough. Rest assured, you will definitely get a Super Duper Amoled ++++ Screen
<

i still love you note,i do.

on a serious note.if this is impressive,then bye bye iphone 4.i just hope they dont compromise the battery life and put some overkill specs just for the sake of it.

My prediction:

Quadcore Exynos Process running at 1.5 GHz

720p Super AMOLED HD+ (non-pentile) - between 4.5 and 4.7" in size

1 GB RAM

32 GB internal storage + expandable memory support

8 MP Camera with advanced optics (for super high quality pics and videos)

Similar plastic body with a very tiny bezel around the screen

Thin profile - almost same as SII with 4G/LTE support

2000+ mAh battery

My prediction:

Quadcore Exynos Process running at 1.5 GHz

720p Super AMOLED HD+ (non-pentile) - between 4.5 and 4.7" in size

1 GB RAM

32 GB internal storage + expandable memory support

8 MP Camera with advanced optics (for super high quality pics and videos)

Similar plastic body with a very tiny bezel around the screen

Thin profile - almost same as SII with 4G/LTE support

2000+ mAh battery

Apparently,

1.8GHz Quad Core

2GB RAM

is also going in the rumour mill

And no, the Quad Core will most definitely be an A9 based chip

I read a couple of months back that Samsung has developed the chipset for 12mp camera , so if this one is equipped with it , would be awesome .

This image was leaked around 5th April & uses the same base colours for the handset as seen in the invite. If it's an actual image of the handset then surely its looking good, thin & seems to have a superb finish from this angle.
<

728f3384-23e7-73b8.jpg

It is being said that testing of the handset's hardware was done by using some unsuspecting outer body/box to hold the hardware of the device during the testing phase thereby keeping the design of the handset far from prying eyes.

About the specs it's all over the place, it seems Samsung took great pains & undertook extreme measures to keep them under wraps thereby creating a good amount of buzz around it a la Apple products.

Wohoo 3rd May isn't far away. Will be interesting to see what Samsung comes up with. Hope they concentrate on making the battery last 1 day under heavy usage.

Other than that, the usual spec wars will continue and I feel it will definitely outdo HTC One X in the specs.

Wohoo 3rd May isn't far away. Will be interesting to see what Samsung comes up with. Hope they concentrate on making the battery last 1 day under heavy usage.

Other than that, the usual spec wars will continue and I feel it will definitely outdo HTC One X in the specs.

If they do outdo the one x on specs then i feel that there is noway we can hope for a battery life that may last a day.

I hope it atleast has a 4.7 s amoled.how much time does it take for the s3 to be available in india after its launch.rough estimation anyone?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

100GB RAM

2 TB HDD

35MP Camera

Quad Core 12Ghz Processor

LOL, Apple will be readying its guns to sue Samsung for sick reasons

Some rumors doing rounds that it is going to sport a full-hd (1080p) display! I find it hard to believe though!

A solid build quality for the GS III is what I am looking forward to, the most. Please don't get me wrong (or start a flame war!) but the major gripe I found in GS II was the shoddy plasticky build quality. When you pay 30k for a device, you expect the phone to have a good construction. Agreed, it may pass the drop test vis-a-vis the iP 4S but when you hold the device in hand, you know the build quality lacks. Look at the Motorola Razr Droid for instance - a Kevlar body and the Gorilla Glass front. The GS II has the latter anyway.

Other than Android's software fragmentation and the general build quality of the GS II, I have no qualms over the device. I'll keep an eye out for this anyway. It is time to retire the 3 year old iP 3G and a phone upgrade is due.
happy19.gif

AFAIR no company is going buttonless. Sony, HTC, LG have buttons on their handsets as of now.

Maybe in near/immediate future we'll see a buttonless handset.
happy19.gif

i honestly think that buttonless is the way for android.not only will it give more real estate to the user by maintaining the same size,but also they can go for a proper unibody design which can help them to accommodate longer battery.

A solid build quality for the GS III is what I am looking forward to the most. Please don't get me wrong (or start a flame war!) but the major gripe I found in GS II was the shoddy plasticky build quality. When you pay 30k for a device, you expect the phone to have a good construction. Agreed, it may pass the drop test vis-a-vis the iP 4S but when you hold the device in hand, you know the build quality lacks. Look at the Motorola Razr Droid for instance - a Kevlar body and the Gorilla Glass front. The GS II has the latter anyway.

Other than Android's software fragmentation and the general build quality of the GS II, I have no qualms over the device. I'll keep an eye out for this anyway. It is time to retire the 3 year old iP 3G and a phone upgrade is due.
happy19.gif

yep.the build quality feels a bit plasticky and cheap.even for my note it feels very cheap when i hold it in comparison to the iphone 4.

but,there is also a plus side to it.the covers cost around 300 bucks on ebay and i shit you not when i say they look as good as the orignal
ohyeah.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back