Android Samsung Galaxy S4 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdbbond

Adept
Hi TE_folks , here today i was checking antutu benchmark for my pantech burst and i came upon this....so thought of sharing here.!

So as we know the all new upcoming the great galaxy series's successor "Galaxy S4" is on the way....!
Here i have attached some benchmarks of the phone's hardware

uploadfromtaptalk1362571049438.jpguploadfromtaptalk1362571074524.jpguploadfromtaptalk1362571101967.jpguploadfromtaptalk1362571117120.jpguploadfromtaptalk1362571131658.jpg

From what it seems the phone is quite marginally ahead of the Nexus 4 or the Galaxy note 2.
It seems it has a 4+4= 8 cores processor? Seriously ? I dont think but it feels like bit different strategy.
It obiviously sports a Full HD display with a 5"screen~4.99" !
Rear camera : 13MP
Memory : 2GB

All this are the current details we have in hand untill now...lets hope its even well built unlike the plasticky feel of S3 etc....rest all you folks can discuss about the phone here ! Galaxy S4...

The only thing I'm looking forward to in this phone is the 1080p 5 inch Super AMOLED display with a full RGB matrix.

This phone will have killer specs regardless of US or International version... It seems US version might come out with Snapdragon 600 chipset and International version might come out with Exynos 5 Octa.... Unlike S3 US version, I would be happy to own either S4.... Oh yeah, how sweet would the 1080P Super Amoled will look like? Can't wait....

If those GSM Arena leaks are genuine, this phone looks like the S2 and the S3 had a one night stand and came up with this anomaly. :eek:

That is most probably a dual SIM phone from the screenshot of home screen i guess. Check top right, 2 sim card symbols and cross over them.
A possibility off course since there is already a Dual SIM Note 2 for China.

There is a Dual Sim Note 2 in china ? :eek:
So as from the screenshots , it seems to be S4 from China. Which means that S4 Dual sim might be available in china , not other parts i suppose.

Why do china get so much love from Samsung??? It would have been nice to have S3 and Note 2 dual sim in India... I would welcome S4 dual sim also, if released in India

If that is true, not so tempting design. Come on Samsung, make some improvements over that plasticky design. Learn something from Sony, HTC. :mad:

All of you calling out for more exotic materials, think about what you would give up. The phone would be much heavier, probably 150g, there would be no removable battery and possibly no microSD slot. These two reasons alone are huge selling points for a lot of people. No removable or replaceable back panel. The phone would get cold in the winters and hot under load. It is all about trade-offs and Samsung's choice of plastic makes sense. Likewise, choices by Nokia and HTC also make sense, but they have their share of limitations. The good news is we have the choice. Remember, design is not just about how something looks - it is more so about how it functions.

It does look like a S3S. I don't think any company other than Samsung or Apple can get away with such refreshes. To be fair to Samsung, the internals are vastly superior and everything is new (unlike iPhone 3S or 4S), so it deserves the 4 title.

Design is not bad but the build quality is bummer :-( However, it's the hardware we can talk about. :) Samsung gone Apple way :) They focused more on showing off their applications. Well, I noticed 'Episode 1' written on the slide. I believe they will present something more in hardware sense in the next episode.

They tried to make presentation bit different but drama over killed the technology event. I was expecting geeky and techie stuff. I was more interested in hardware. But glad they fixed 5 inch in almost same dimensions as SGS3 has. SGS3 design isn't that bad (build quality is worrying factor).[DOUBLEPOST=1363325911][/DOUBLEPOST]
All of you calling out for more exotic materials, think about what you would give up. The phone would be much heavier, probably 150g, there would be no removable battery and possibly no microSD slot. These two reasons alone are huge selling points for a lot of people. No removable or replaceable back panel. The phone would get cold in the winters and hot under load. It is all about trade-offs and Samsung's choice of plastic makes sense. Likewise, choices by Nokia and HTC also make sense, but they have their share of limitations. The good news is we have the choice. Remember, design is not just about how something looks - it is more so about how it functions.

It does look like a S3S. I don't think any company other than Samsung or Apple can get away with such refreshes. To be fair to Samsung, the internals are vastly superior and everything is new (unlike iPhone 3S or 4S), so it deserves the 4 title.
Couldn't agree more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back