Android Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ launched in India

swatkats

Skilled
FJgNAx3.jpg

Samsung just announced Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ smartphones at its Unpacked 2018 event at the MWC 2018 in Barcelona, as it had promised.

The main highlight of the smartphones is the variable aperture cameras. The S9 has a 12-megapixel rear camera with variable aperture tech that uses f/1.5 aperture for night shots for a brighter picture and f/2.4 aperture for normal shots in daytime.
The S9+ has a secondary 12MP Telephoto lens for live focus for bokeh effect with background blur.

Similar to the Sony’s flagships, this has 960fps Super Slow-mo video option. It has automatic Motion Detection and an intelligent feature that detects movement in the frame and automatically begins to record. After capturing the Super Slow-mo video, you can also select background music from 35 different options or add a tune from their favorite playlist.

Both the phones have Infinity Display – an end-to-end, bezel-less screen that extends to the phone’s sides. S9 comes with a 5.8-inch Quad HD+ screen and the S9+ comes with a 6.2-inch Quad HD+ screen, both with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and the back, same as the predecessors.

These also have stereo speakers tuned by AKG and support Dolby Atmos. The company says that it has loudest speakers in a Galaxy smartphone till date. It also has AR Emoji, similar to Apple iPhone X’s animoji. It uses machine learning to analyse and map more than 100 facial features to create a 3D model that reflects and imitates expressions. It can be exported to video or stickers and uses a standard AGIF file format that lets you share with third-party messaging platforms.

Specifications:

Kl9ixZT.png

Source: http://www.fonearena.com/blog/24472...laxy-s9-plus-specifications-availability.html

Pricing and availability:
  • Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB – Rs. 57,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9 128GB – Rs. 61,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9 256GB (Midnight Black) – Rs. 65,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+ 64GB – Rs. 64,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+ 128GB – Rs. 68,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+ 256GB (Midnight Black) – Rs. 72,900

Last edited:
Does someone else also feel that Samsung and Apple events over the last few years have been introducing the same thing again and again. Nothing new and nothing that would really get me to go out and buy one.

Pricing and availability:
  • Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB – Rs. 57,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9 256GB (Midnight Black) – Rs. 65,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+ 64GB – Rs. 64,900
  • Samsung Galaxy S9+ 256GB (Midnight Black) – Rs. 72,900
https://www.flipkart.com/mobiles/~samsung-galaxy-s9-series/pr?count=40&otracker=clp_banner_1_1.banner.BANNER_samsung-galaxy-s9-and-s9plus-store_NYRM0E3Y67&p[]=sort=price_desc&sid=tyy/4io

Launch offers:
  • Paytm mall cashback – Rs. 6000
  • HDFC Credit Card cashback (on both EMI and non EMI transactions) of Rs. 6000 or cashback when making a full payment using HDFC Credit Cards or by paying through HDFC CD Loan
  • Up to 22,500 off on exchange + additional exchange bonus of Rs. 6000 on select phones
  • No Cost EMIs on 3/6/9/12/18 months on Samsung Shop
  • Airtel – Own an S9 at down payment of Rs. 9900 and monthly postpaid tariff of Rs. 2499 over 24 months and get 2TB data and other benefits
  • Airtel – Special “Double Data” offer on Airtel Infinity Rs. 499 (80GB) & Rs. 799 (120GB) postpaid plans with Unlimited voice & SMS + Amazon Prime (1 year) + Handset Protection
  • Jio – Rs. 4999 annual plan offers 1TB data, unlimited calls and SMS
  • Vodafone – 1 year free Netflix subscription on RED plans starting at Rs.999 till April 30, 2018
  • Vodafone pre-paid – Recharge with Rs. 199 and get unlimited voice and 1.4GB/day and an additional 10GB free data every month for next 10 recharges.
http://www.fonearena.com/blog/245602/samsung-galaxy-s9-galaxy-s9-plus-price-india.html

Very tempted to replace my S7.With 6k on HDFC credit card and 13.7k on exchange of my S7 its coming to 38,300.Way less than the full 52k I paid for the S7.
Only worry is that if the first batch has any issues at launch.

Very tempted to replace my S7.With 6k on HDFC credit card and 13.7k on exchange of my S7 its coming to 38,300.Way less than the full 52k I paid for the S7.
Only worry is that if the first batch has any issues at launch.
13.7k for a S7 is too less imo, you could have got more from olx.

New S7 cost 21000 now, As stated by him he bought it for 52k which means it was bought around the launch in 2016, considering this 13700 is a great price for this phone.
I guess the price is good since I bought the phone around the end of March 2016.

Moreover I tried selling my HTC One over olx and it was too much of a hassle if you ask me..:)

I brought the s7a few months back for 27k odd and thought that was a steal. 21k is shocking price for a pretty good phone. The size and ergonomics are spot on. Waiting for the s8 prices to fall. I'll get that

I am also getting the s9 for 38k , my s7 going for 20k in exchange
I had bought S7 for 21k
and 6k HDFC cashback
OMG , mouth watering ........32k finally ... and with zero EMI ...
Already have S8 but this is ..
totally confused now ...

Last edited:
Back