FS: Tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e LTE (4/64 GB) | Spigen Case | LineageOS (Android 12.1)

t3chg33k

Skilled
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Mumbai
Item Condition
5 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Oct 1, 2020
Shipping Charges
Included in cost
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
NA
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Upgraded
When I made this purchase, I felt that the tablet was in a Goldilocks zone in terms of having a QHD OLED screen and Quad AKG speakers which make it great for media consumption and better than most mid-range tablets.

In terms of its condition, it has been in the case for most of its life and even otherwise it was never kept on a hard surface. Hence, the condition is great without any visible scratches. The screen may have some micro scratches from use over its lifetime, not that any of it is visible with the screen on. Overall a 9/10.

After Samsung ended support at Android 11, I switched to Lineage OS (LOS) last year as this device has official LOS support and everything works fine. It is presently updated to the latest version and I reset it to run stock LOS with LOS recovery and the recommended MindTheGapps, so that it has full Google support and is OTA ready (released every Saturday). Note that the bootloader is unlocked for LOS and thus you will get the warning message on switching on. If you want the last released Samsung ROM with locked bootloader, then I can do that as well.

The battery was maintained carefully and as per Accubattery, it is at 94% health. The Spigen case is worse for wear but it works well as a magnetic folio cover. Original box and all accessories in it will be included. Shipping at buyer's risk.

Product Link: https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_s5e-9581.php

Dimensions245 x 160 x 5.5 mm (9.65 x 6.30 x 0.22 in)
Weight400 g (14.11 oz)
BuildGlass front, aluminum back, aluminum frame
SIMNano-SIM
TypeSuper AMOLED
Size10.5 inches, 319.7 cm2 (~81.6% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution1600 x 2560 pixels, 16:10 ratio (~288 ppi density)
ChipsetQualcomm SDM670 Snapdragon 670 (10 nm)
CPUOcta-core (2x2.0 GHz 360 Gold & 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver)
GPUAdreno 615
Card slotmicroSDXC (dedicated slot)
Internal64GB 4GB RAM, eMMC 5.1
Rear Camera13 MP, f/2.0, 26mm, 1/3.4", 1.0µm, AF
Front Calera8 MP, f/2.0, 26mm, 1/4", 1.12µm
LoudspeakerYes, with stereo speakers (4 speakers) Tuned by AKG/HARMAN
WLANWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth5.0, A2DP, LE
GPSYes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
USBUSB Type-C 3.1, magnetic connector
SensorsFingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
TypeLi-Po 7040 mAh, non-removable
ChargingFast charging 18W
SAR EU1.03 W/kg (head)

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 301
  • Battery Health.png
    Battery Health.png
    439.9 KB · Views: 243
  • Cover Out.jpg
    Cover Out.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 200
  • Cover In.jpg
    Cover In.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 213
  • Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 219
  • About.jpg
    About.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 219
  • Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 212
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 210
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 228
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Reduced the price further, but I am open to reasonable offers and will go with the best one that I receive over the next week or so.

I don't have any use for this, so selling it is preferred but if I cannot get a good price, then would probably repurpose it.

Would like to reiterate that this is the only OLED tablet with official LineageOS and other custom ROM support, that is not available for even the flagship S6, S7, S8 tabs. Thus, it is likely to get software updates for a long time to come and you can go wild with root access.

Also, tested the OTA update today with the stock LOS setup and it works seamlessly.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20220709-122814_Noteshelf.jpg
    SmartSelect_20220709-122814_Noteshelf.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 170
Clarifying as per a query that this tablet supports Widevine L1 with bootloader unlocked and Lineage OS. Also, price reduction.

Attachments

• DRM Info.jpeg
    DRM Info.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 153
Another price reduction. Also, had forgotten about the Type-C to 3.5mm adapter that I found in a drawer yesterday, so will include that as well.

This was listed for around 40k while it was available, so now I have gone down to half the price, not considering the case.

Attachments

• Adapter.jpg
    Adapter.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 131
As this tablet came with DeX support, you can also use any Type-C cable or dongle that supports DP mode to output from the tablet to a TV or monitor. The tablet can also be used independently of what is open on the external display as indicated in the image below.

This is again a great option from media streaming or to use the tablet as an Android/emulation gaming console, something that is not possible with cheap tablets or also with some proprietary implementations of Android.

Tab + Desktop.jpg

Rounding up the price to 20k and adding a snapshot of the box for all the product details, including confirmation of the manufacturing date.

Attachments

• Box Details.jpg
    Box Details.jpg
    270.9 KB · Views: 129
Back