Samsung launches 65-inch curved 4K TV at Rs 4,49,900

avi

Skilled
k3C5DHO.jpg

Samsung Electronics has launched its curved UHD (Ultra High Definition) or 4K televisions in the Indian market at a starting price of Rs 3,29,900. The TVs were first unveiled during the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, earlier this year.

The HU9000 series which includes 65- and 55-inch curved UHD TVs have been priced at Rs 4,49,900 and Rs 3,29,900, respectively. The 105-inch UHD curved TV will be available in the second half of the year, but its pricing has not been revealed yet.

Samsung has also launched the HU8500 flat UHD TV in 55-inch and 65-inch models available at Rs 2,93,900 and Rs 4,09,900, respectively. It has also launched a 40-inch UHD TV, HU7000 at Rs 1,04,900.

Samsung claims that it has developed the optimal curvature, 4200R, which provides the best picture quality from a normal watching distance of 3-4 metre.

The TVs also feature Samsung's proprietary Auto Depth Enhancer, an algorithm that analyzes regions of images and automatically adjusts contrast for a greater sense of depth — giving an almost 3D like effect without glasses, as per Samsung.

more: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...d-4K-TV-at-Rs-449900/articleshow/34773793.cms

Flat are better, curved Tv's have limited viewing capacity and people from all corners in the room may not get the best view. Only the ones sitting in the middle would get a good view.

Flat are better, curved Tv's have limited viewing capacity and people from all corners in the room may not get the best view. Only the ones sitting in the middle would get a good view.

I am not saying you are wrong but have you actually seen a curved TV ? I haven't so i am curious to see one.

I am not saying you are wrong but have you actually seen a curved TV ? I haven't so i am curious to see one.

Please google it up, i have read about this many times and have also researched when i was planning to buy a new TV. Please go through below :

http://www.cnet.com/news/are-curved-tvs-a-gimmick/

[A curved screen] effectively requires the owner to sit at a rather precise distance from the screen. Too close or too far, and the curve loses its major benefits. And let's not forget, this is for one viewer. With several people on the couch, all the claimed benefits are lost.

^^Yeah that's what. My comment was never sarcastic. I just don't have knowledge about these curved TVs so asked. Good to know. Will read up the link.
I feel this will end soon as being gimmicky like 3D on TV.

^^Yeah that's what. My comment was never sarcastic. I just don't have knowledge about these curved TVs so asked. Good to know. Will read up the link.
I feel this will end soon as being gimmicky like 3D on TV.

Well 3D on a TV is actually pretty good if setup properly in the right environment and content. Have watched couple of movies at home with the glasses and its awesome.
Also currently we are struggling to get HD content locally, 4k is far far away. No use of buying a 4k tv to watch SD content, it will look rubbish and is a waste of money.

Also the technology fades out fast, tomorrow they may scrap this and move back to flat screen OLED's.

[A curved screen] effectively requires the owner to sit at a rather precise distance from the screen. Too close or too far, and the curve loses its major benefits. And let's not forget, this is for one viewer. With several people on the couch, all the claimed benefits are lost.
I recall seeing a the range of 3-4m being the recommended range. That corresponds to 9-13 feet.

let's assume std size screen people have in their homes these days is a flat 55 inch.

To watch full HD on it, sit no more than 7 feet
To watch HD, sit no more than 9 feet
To watch SD sit no closer than 11 feet

Whether we like it or not SD is a legacy format and is not going to dissappear any time soon. So max viewing distance of your room determines max size of screen you can get.

How are you going to watch full HD with this curved display ? since its curved, impression is its little bigger than a flat screen. Maybe you can sit at 9 feet instead of 7 feet and watch full HD with this. 9 becomes 11. And SD becomes 13 feet.[DOUBLEPOST=1399620158][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also the technology fades out fast, tomorrow they may scrap this and move back to flat screen OLED's.
This is the other important factor, what will the pickup be like. Will it end up replacing flat screen or not and become the norm is yet to be seen.

Last edited:
Back