Monitors Samsung Monitor Problem ... advice

Hello,

Looks like I'm having a really bad week, after my SMPS went kaput my monitor ( Samsung 740N 17in LCD ) is giving me no display. So I immediately submitted an online RMA form on Samsung's website and an engineer came today to fix it.

Upon diagnosing and checking all connections the engineer said my Assembly Chassis( the part with all the circuits,PCB n stuff) of the monitor was dead and had to be replaced. He then checked my serial no. and told that my monitor was an imported one and Samsung India would not honor the warranty. So I asked him if it could be fixed, he told he could change the Assembly Chassis with a new one for 1k + 0.4k (labor charge :O ). Now upon installing the new Assembly Chassis my monitor started working. Upon booting to windows and checking in Display properties, I found that the monitor's hardware was being shown as "Samsung 530/531 tft" where it should be "Samsung 713N/740N" and I couldn't increase the resolution beyond 1024X768 whereas mine supports upto 1280X1024. I told him that he must have put in a wrong a Assembly Chassis as it was surely for some other monitor. He insisted that it was General piece and is compatible for my monitor and didn't budge from his point at all and leaved saying that he could not help anymore.

Now I'm stuck with a dead monitor and a company who refuses to even fix it (even when I'm paying) .

What can I do to get this fixed as I'm in no position to buy a new one. Also from where I bought this LCD two years ago has closed down, so no help from there :cry:

Man you are completely robbed by that engineer.He must be fool/trying to make you fool by shoving 15 inch monitor kit in 17 inch monitor.you can do only this lodge complaint to service center for the person called engineer.

From what I know , the part that went kaput must be having a sticker or embossed "PART NO." ...this is used for interenal verification / identification by the company...in ur case Samsung......u should have checked if the part going "IN" is the same part that the engineer said has gone kaput.......

Since u have paid already.....AFAIK Samsung offers 7days-30days warranty on replaced parts for which u have paid.....so lodge a complaint saying u cant increase the resolution.....if they dont budge get a comparo from online specs of the max. resolution supported and throw it on their face.......

I hope u got a proper "receipt" of payment from the engineer and he has not eaten / leeched the money from u ......

Samsung service is very poor. My 204B is lying for a month at the service centre

A single green line appeared on a working monitor (under warranty). Engineers changed the panel first but could not get it to work. Now they've ordered the PCB from Noida. If its not available in Noida it will ship from Korea !!!

I've asked for a replacement since the whole monitor is getting replaced internally anyway. But they are not ready to do it.

I've emailed Samsung Customer Service but they didn't bother to reply...

Audi0slave said:
No re he took the assembly chassis with him. Common he wont give it for free :S

Ask him, How can he fit PCB for 15 inch in 17 inch monitor?I have whole circuit diagram of PCB now inserted in your monitor. This sounds good you have not payed yet.

pretty much....sad.....did ya get the monitor imported nywayz??...how cme..:S....get some other to fix it up....if nothin works pickup a 2nd hand monitor for 1.5k or upgrade to an LCD:D...tht wud be better imo...coz fixing the pcb n all isnt gauranteed to work..for long..its better u get a 2nd hand
monitor locally for 1.5k or so....tht way u can hav some national warranty too..if something goes wrong.
peace.

Back