Monitors Samsung monitors - now with NO VGA cable ?!!!

Well look at it from this point of view. If they threw in a VGA cable they'd probably ramp up the prices by (say) 100 - 150 bucks. Now you can buy your own VGA cable for 80 bucks or a premium one for 200 or a DVI cable.

Note - Thats the logic I apply with standard PSP packs (You only get the PSP and charger; not one extra accessory).

RD274 said:
Well look at it from this point of view. If they threw in a VGA cable they'd probably ramp up the prices by (say) 100 - 150 bucks. Now you can buy your own VGA cable for 80 bucks or a premium one for 200 or a DVI cable.

Note - Thats the logic I apply with standard PSP packs (You only get the PSP and charger; not one extra accessory).
Logic here would be that samsung will be a purchase with hidden costs.. that is, if they don't provide cable with any monitor...

Retailers will start writing prices including that of extra cable while giving quotes now..

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk

@rd274
why stop at no cable ? why not "Optional Accessories : Stand" & "Optional Accessories : Power Cable".

Many people may not realise that there's no vga cable. take the monitor home, and then find out. dealers don't always mention/care about these things.
imagine mobos without backplate, sata cables. Or PSUs without power cable ... uuh ... sorry CM is already doing that in a way.

Display cable is a standard accessary and I'm sure samsung distributors will realize that very soon.

madnav said:
Display cable is a standard accessary and I'm sure samsung distributors will realize that very soon.

I agree.... Else, they'll start selling only shells of monitors & ask us to buy the Display Screens separately..... :mad:

BTW, I am happy that they are atleast bundling the power cable..... Or am i wrong?? ;)

Back