FS: Laptop Samsung netbook N128

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
•Product name:Samsung NP-N128

•Expected price:Rs 4500 (Purchase price during Dec 2009 - Rs. 13500)

•Shipping charges:Included in the price above (shipping might be as much as 400-450 Rs. via DTDC, depending on the location).

•Manufacturer page URL:http://www.samsung.com/in/support/model/NP-N128-DA01IN

•Specifications:

Processor: Intel Atom N270 @ 1.60GHz

Memory: 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM @ 533MHz (Upgraded from stock 1 GB DDR2)

Internal storage: 320 GB 5400rpm SATA HDD (Upgraded from stock 160 GB HDD)

Display: 10.1 inch LED backlit WSVGA panel (1024 x 600)

Graphics: Intel GMA 950

Wireless: 802.11 b/g

Expansion: 3-in-1 media card slot (SD, SDHC, MMC)

Ports & connectors: 3 USB 2.0 ports, VGA out, DC power-in, RJ-45/Ethernet (10/100),
Stereo headphone/line out, Stereo microphone in, VGA webcam, Kensington lock port.

Dimensions (H x W x D): 28.5mm x 185.5mm x 263.8mm

Weight: 1.25kg (not including the weight of AC adapter)

Power: 6-cell Li-ion battery (4000mAh, 44Wh)

•Description: The netbook was purchased during December 2009 to serve me as a download rig. The stock 160 GB Samsung hard drive was upgraded to a Seagate 320 GB drive (OEM drive ripped from an external drive) and the stock 1 GB DDR2 RAM was upgraded to a Transcend 2 GB DDR2 RAM (sourced from the TE market). The netbook has faithfully served its purpose for 3 years and 7 months and has downloaded/uploaded over 15 TB of data ever since its inception.

•Reason for Sale:Switching to a 14” Sandy Bridge based laptop.

•Product condition:5 of 10 (to be optimistic). Read on:

1.Functionally, the netbook has absolutely no issues including the battery. The battery has shown minimal wear so far (there is a BIOS option to set the charging limit to 80% which may have improved its life) and still gives over 4-4.5 hours of charge when the brightness is set to least and the netbook is only performing torrent downloads - tested and proven. Ethernet, audio, Wi-Fi, memory card reader, touchpad and all the keys works flawlessly. Check the pics below.

2.Cosmetically, the netbook’s plastic hinges have broken as a result of which the rear casing bulges at the sides when the display is opened. The hinges work properly but there is a slight dislocation sorts when the display is opened. There is a crack at the back of the display - refer the snap below. This does not affect the display in anyway.

3.There are no dead/stuck pixels on the display.

4.The power switch broke some time ago (it was a flimsy plastic switch). Using a DMM, found out the contacts on the board which is used to power ON the netbook and soldered two wires at these points - short these wires and the netbook powers ON. Long-short them and the netbook shuts down. It works like a regular power button/switch. I did not bother soldering a separate switch to the wires.

5.The netbook shows the usual signs of wear for any used laptop for the keys and the touchpad.

6.The netbook’s centrifugal exhaust fan requires maintenance - a drop of oil/WD40 on the central shaft hole will work wonders. Been doing this for the last 2 years and the fan works properly. Dust may clog the fan blades and the impeller may stop rotating. Time to do the maintenance by opening the back of the laptop.

7. Hard disk has zero bad sectors. Works fine.

•Purchase date: December 2009 from eBay India.

•Remaining warranty period: None. The netbook was originally covered under a 1 year warranty period.

•Warranty available in:NA. Shall give a week's testing warranty.

•Invoice Available: NA

•Shipping from:Surat, GJ

•Shipping to:All over India.

•Preferred courier:DTDC

•Payment options:NEFT to my ICICI savings account.

I did a review for the netbook when it arrived back in December 2009. Read it here - http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/samsung-n128-review.82382/

Snaps:

HDT2.png

HDtune 1.png

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1098.JPG

IMG_1110.JPG

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

LAN.png

ut.png

wifi.png

WP_20130715_002.jpg

WP_20130715_004.jpg

PS: What you get is a fully functional download rig. Be gentle with the netbook, do a periodic maintenance (once in 6 months or so) and it will perform well. I did not want to sell this but the display is a bit too small to my liking - would prefer a slightly bigger display with a better processor.

is it open for bargain, i do not understand whats wrong with screen, i do not mind other defects[DOUBLEPOST=1373888522][/DOUBLEPOST]what means by banned trusted seller? mods help please

why there is banned in your profile? and is there any effect of crack on lcd screen. how to send pm in this forum?

why there is banned in your profile? and is there any effect of crack on lcd screen. how to send pm in this forum?

Because it is a custom title and I've set it that way. :p

No, the crack does not have any effect whatsoever on the display. I have already mentioned it in the first post.

Lastly, like I mentioned over the PM, the netbook is on hold. And not open for bargains as I feel the price is quite justified for what is a cheap download rig.

@Gannu - something you should know - since I have seen the same issue with my compaq - eventually, with usage of the netbook - opening and closing the display - the screws will comeoff and the plastic will be broken. You would have the change the bottom plastic. I use mine now with teamviewer since the display and the bottom half are in two pieces :(

Anyways - Best of luck with the sale! Good pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think Samsung would have the replacement parts for this old device - as such the customer service did not even bother replacing the stock 160GB hard drive when bad sectors started showing up. They insisted the drive crap out on me completely!

The hinges have been this way since a while - a little bit of care while opening and closing the display will go a long way. An external display can as well be used with the VGA out port. Anyways, thanks for the tip. Appreciate it.

@GUYTON10 - PM on your way.

PM sent to @GUYTON10 with the account details. If I don’t hear back from him until the evening, I shall PM the next one in line.

@GUYTON10 < @Soyab0007 (over PM)< @Zino

If you are willing to sell the HDD separately do let me know

I have a WD 500GB 2.5" drive (model: 5000BEVT) that has warranty until 2015 (not sure about the month). Let me know if you are interested. I can confirm the warranty for you later if you are interested.[DOUBLEPOST=1373970833][/DOUBLEPOST]GUYTON10 has credited the amount although it is yet to reflect in my account. I've received the confirmation screenshot sent over PM.

The netbook shall positively be dispatched tomorrow after all the data is transferred.

I just replaced the keyboard of my n148 Samsung netbook . It is slightly newer than yours . Got the part from Samsung service centre Mumbai . All parts are available with them . Even hinges . You should check .

The amount has reflected in my account today evening. Shall be dispatching the netbook tomorrow with all the stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1374079226][/DOUBLEPOST]Dispatched via DTDC. Docket number sent over PM. Once you receive it, please update this thread.

I am glad you received it in good shape. Please do some maintenance - that fan stops once in 6-8 months due to excessive dust being clogged. Remove it and clean it and you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back