PC Peripherals Samsung Netbook some keys not working

My Samsung Netbook some keys are not working. The culprit keys are as follows...
Key S - Does not press

Key M - When press.. it adds infinite llop of C also.... like "MCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC"

Key C - Does not press or continous press... "CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC"

Is there anything i can do..?? I plucked the key cap and cleaned underneath.. no help..

Is my keyboard gone..?? The netbook is out of warranty. Where can i obtain Samsung NC10 Keyboard with cable strap" in Mumbai...? Any idea.

Regards Neo

yes did that.. cleaned the keys also.. still no use.. gives me the sme problem.. now it si worse.. the "ccccccccccccccccccccccccc" starts happening on any random key press..

i guess this is keypad gone bad.. please correct me if i am wrong.. also where can i get samsung nc keypad, if i have to buy one.. ebay india charges a bomb.. 1.5-2k compare to ebay world (hk) around 700 Rs including shipping..

Regards
Jayant

Get it from Hong Kong then. Might be a replica part but if it works doesn't really matter

But based on my experience, this looks like an hardware fault rite..?? or a software would be a reason.. Dont want to buy new keypad and land up having same ploblem.. :)

Sounds like a HW problem, did you try checking at Samsung service center ? At least they can diagnose it after which you can decide where to get parts

Could not get hold of samsung service center.. but a local mechanic tells me the keyboard is the problem..

Where should i buy the keyboard for NC10.. Ebay india quote around 1800 INR which is like 1/5 the cost of entire netbook.. i am getting reasonable quotes from ebay (HK seller) but the time, shipping and custom etc is not worth it..

Any shops in lamington sells Samsung laptop keypads? i am planning to visit there anyways, so i can check, bargain and buy :)

Edit: A local guy via Justdial quoted me 3.5K for keypad and 0.5K for installation.. lol...

Back