Monitors Samsung S23A700D 3d LED monitor

Am interested in buying Samsung S23A700D. Offered at prime for 16500 Rs.

I would like to know if anyone has had an experience with this model or any 3D 120 Hz monitor ?
Also the international version comes with a pair of compatible 3D glasses , guess thats not the case with india.

Internationally this is has got good reviews.

My config - core i5 3550 , 8GB RAM , Win 732 Bit , ATI 6670

Does playing over DVI make any diff ?

PS - any particular reason for S23A750D ? Cause that model doesnt have good reviews after a quick search on Newegg.

I tried the Alienware 23inch AW2310 before i bought the U2412HM and it was such a let down. Since the Samsung LS23A700DS is basically similar to AW2310 aka "Active 3D".

The problem is bad crosstalk "small screen size does not help" and bad very bad angles in 3D, try it first see if you like it but its not a very impressive 3D experience.

- - - Updated - - -

This display has Dual Link DVI so you are covered in terms of bandwidth...

^ What diff does a 120Hz screen make for standard 2D games , Movies ? Some reviews were saying the diff is positive in the favor of 120Hz screens.
Can you shed some light on that scenario ?

It means your monitor can refresh the screen 120 times in a unit. as compared to 60 times for say my IPS display. The 120Hz is a requirement for 3D not so much needed for 2D but some people say it makes fast games more fluid like. I for one did not notice a lot when i tried the AW2310 with UT3 but it can be subjective.

For movies there are certain movie players that actually increase the frame rate like in most high end 3D TV's. My brothers 8 series Samsung 3D TV differs a lot in video compared to my LG because his has more Hz than my and is artificially increasing the FPS of the incoming video resulting in a digital video like picture. Mine on the other hand is pretty normal looks like my old CRT.

Thank you for the response. Image processing is very much a subjective area. As for the 120Hz refresh rate creating a pseudo fast video , that is something I had noticed when the first Sony 3D TV came about 1.5 years back.
I am guessing I will give the Samsung a try and then make a decision.
PS - as for the increased FPS , The Hobbit with 48FPS version is getting a mixed response. People like the clarity in outdoor scenes but detest the indoor scenes as they lay bare the limitations of the studio set.

Thank you for the response. Image processing is very much a subjective area. As for the 120Hz refresh rate creating a pseudo fast video , that is something I had noticed when the first Sony 3D TV came about 1.5 years back.
I am guessing I will give the Samsung a try and then make a decision.
PS - as for the increased FPS , The Hobbit with 48FPS version is getting a mixed response. People like the clarity in outdoor scenes but detest the indoor scenes as they lay bare the limitations of the studio set.

If you have an extra PCI-E 2.0 slot than get yourself a BenQ XL2420T 3D Monitor + Nvidia 3DVision 2 Kit + Nvidia GT 620...Currently the most recommended/reliable 3D setup one can get...

Please read up on 3D PC Components at the 3DVisionBlog - the most comprehensive/complete blog for anything 3D related :)

Back