Budget 30-40k Samsung S23FE or A55

MrB

Disciple
My mom's S20 plus has just gotten the white/green screen of death. Phone is 4+ years old so no warranty. Need to get a replacement quick.

She has been using the S20 plus for 3 years and S8 plus before that. So need to buy samsung one ui only. Mostly basic use, google maps, social media. Is happy with the S20 plus. Budget under 40k.

Was thinking of S23FE or A55. Will be used with a premium spigen case day one. Would this be a downgrade in comparison to the s20 plus 4g? which of the 2 would you recommend? would a used s22/s23 plus be a better buy?

If 128GB storage is enough, get S23 128GB for 45k or so, still at price at FK. Check locally at Samsung showroom as well. Avoid phones with Samsung fab chips like Exynos, 7 Gen 1, etc because of efficiency.

+1 for S23 . My friend is using it since Diwali '2023. Absolutely no problem. Also it will be easier for her as she has been using a Samsung previously. For my Mom/dad I have different philosophy though . Since they are not tech savvy ,I get 12-15k phones for them and replace every 2-3 years. Of course, your case may be different.

My mom's S20 plus has just gotten the white/green screen of death. Phone is 4+ years old so no warranty. Need to get a replacement quick.

She has been using the S20 plus for 3 years and S8 plus before that. So need to buy samsung one ui only. Mostly basic use, google maps, social media. Is happy with the S20 plus. Budget under 40k.

Was thinking of S23FE or A55. Will be used with a premium spigen case day one. Would this be a downgrade in comparison to the s20 plus 4g? which of the 2 would you recommend? would a used s22/s23 plus be a better buy?

if the reason to buy is the dead screen, replacing it will be much cheaper.

Honestly even an A54 will be fine for your usage if you can get it within 30k ,A series are almost on par with fe ones in terms of build quality and priority in updates

Much thanks for all the inputs. I took my mom to the samsung store for 10/15 mins today. She compared her S20 plus with A55, S23FE, S23, F55, somehow missed the A35.

1. All the phones were heavy for her. Primary reason for buying F55.
2. She didn't like the shape/build of the new phones (thicker, blocky feel, hard edge)
3. The F55 is very similar in size and weight to her S20 plus.
4. Liked the vegan/faux leather. Wants to use the phone without cover for now.
5. F55 is the newest of the lot.
6. S23 would have been the choice at 42/43k if there was no F55.
7. Store only had the F55 256gb 12gb model.

I've ordered the F55 128gb for 25.1k on flipkart also ordered spigen cover (7 day return) and screen guard on amazon. The S20 plus touch works but has a pattern lock, will hopefully be able to get past that. I had also ordered (delivered today) a usb c to hdmi hub. Will try to use smart switch on dex to transfer data.

Much thanks for all the inputs. I took my mom to the samsung store for 10/15 mins today. She compared her S20 plus with A55, S23FE, S23, F55, somehow missed the A35.

1. All the phones were heavy for her. Primary reason for buying F55.
2. She didn't like the shape/build of the new phones (thicker, blocky feel, hard edge)
3. The F55 is very similar in size and weight to her S20 plus.
4. Liked the vegan/faux leather. Wants to use the phone without cover for now.
5. F55 is the newest of the lot.
6. S23 would have been the choice at 42/43k if there was no F55.
7. Store only had the F55 256gb 12gb model.

I've ordered the F55 128gb for 25.1k on flipkart also ordered spigen cover (7 day return) and screen guard on amazon. The S20 plus touch works but has a pattern lock, will hopefully be able to get past that. I had also ordered (delivered today) a usb c to hdmi hub. Will try to use smart switch on dex to transfer data.
Great move to actually take her to the shop and test stuff, you can get the s20 plus repaired locally and sell or exchange it on websites

I was able to unlock the S20 plus and use dex on my TV. Removed security lock and updated the phone/apps. Found out smart switch does not work in dex so switched to screen mirror. The F55 was delivered sometime later. Transferred all data from the s20 plus using smart switch. I left both phones side by side. It took about 2 hours and when I came back, to my surprise the S20 plus screen fixed itself.

Back