Video Samsung TV error

I am living in Delhi.I have an old 21" Samsung Hitron TV. From the last 2 days the colours of the TV have become bad. On one side it is showing dark green colour and on the other side it is showing dark purple colour. In the middle the picture is OK.

Pls tell me what could be the problem and how to correct it. Earlier I thought that it could be due to winters or some magnet effect, but when it is since 2 days, I thought that it could be some internal problem. Pls help.

^ seems like something is wrong with the picture tube
<

Is there any magnetic object placed near it, if yes just removed it. If the problem continues, then try placing the TV on your bed and switch it on. If everything fails, then you have to visit some service professional

1st disconnect all connections from tv like power connection & cable/dth. Leave it ideal for at least 4 hrs & than re-connect all & see if any improvement if yes than you need to repeat disconnection for next 24 hrs.

If NOT than ..

Buy Magnetic White Board Duster from any near by stationery shop (or borrow from near by educational Institution/school
<
) & run it very fast over TV screen just like erasing something over white Board or Black Board.

PS: I has same problem with CRT TV up to 95% & I tried above- magnetic duster- method now it comes to 10%. Strange but every year I face automatic channel scan & degauss problem with my CRT in heavy monsoon & cold days which strike suddenly & live for 2-3 days & vanished they way they came
<

HTH

Had an issue similar with my CRT too. When TV is on, press the power button on the TV to switch it off. Wait for a few seconds, then power back by pressing the button back again.

Get a Samsung Service Centre Guy, if its due to Magnetic effect then he can correct it, Otherwise it could be a picture tube problem, Long Back My Thompson Television developed a similar problem within 2-3 Yrs of usage. I had to Chuck iit to get a Sony

I am living in Delhi.I have an old 21" Samsung Hitron TV. From the last 2 days the colours of the TV have become bad. On one side it is showing dark green colour and on the other side it is showing dark purple colour. In the middle the picture is OK.

Pls tell me what could be the problem and how to correct it. Earlier I thought that it could be due to winters or some magnet effect, but when it is since 2 days, I thought that it could be some internal problem. Pls help.

Did you got your Hitron TV serviced / reapaired / or changed any parts?

If yes then it's due to Magnetic interference produced by that new repaired parts as it might not have been installed properly or soldering is not done in good way.Some times bad quality replacement part produces this type of color distortion or picture distortion.It can also happen due to burnt part or wear down of small IC's in TV.

Picture tube doesn't look going bad ,as if it was picture tube then you either see single/multiple DOT on middle part of your TV or will see inverted or totally blank screen with audio but never color distortion in patches of color.

Better get it check from a local TV service shop...they will let you know exactly what might be problem then get samsung service center guy.

I had asked Samsung engineer for the trouble and asked him the money and he told me Rs.200 for visit and parts will cost Rs.750. Then I got it repaired from a nearby mechanic. He took Rs.350.

Thanks guys

Back