Sandy Bridge for 25k

hector19

| Crafted for Gaming |
Adept
Hello TechGurus :)
As the title says . Looking to get a Sandybride Rig for 25k ( CPU, MOBO & RAM ) .
[i know Ivy bridge is due next year, but will use this till then & hand it over to my brother]

What is your budget?

What is your existing hardware configuration
CPU - PhnmIIx4 955BE .
GPU - GTX 460
PSU - CORSAIR VX450W .

Which hardware will you be keeping
GPU - GTX 460
PSU - CORSAIR VX450W

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding.
NO. Will be adding Ivy bridge CPU & either ATI's 7XXX or Nvidia's Kepler GPU .

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
GAMING
24x7 RIG
HD CONTENTS .

My thoughts : i was thinking of getting i5 2500k, & any decent mobo like ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO . but before finalizing, its good to hear from the Experts , please help me out :) .
The Pci-e 3.0 scene is outlandish , 18k for ASUS VPRO GEN 3 :( . So i dropped the idea of getting it . thought of settling for V-PRO GEN2 .Gigabyte's got a GEN3 Mobo for 14kish, but worried bout the boot loop . :huh:
Final Question: Will my PSU handle the mentioned/to be suggested, RIG ?

Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2400 CPU - 10400

Asus P8H67-M-PRO - 8350

2 Corsair XMS3 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit - 3300

or

i5 2500K - 11850

Asus P8Z68-V LE Z68 - 10950

Corsair XMS3 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit - 1650

Cpu-Intel i5 2500k-11.4k

Mobo-ASUS P8P67 PRO B3-11.3k or ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z-12.3k

Ram-Gskill ripjaws X 2x4gb 1600mhz-3.3k or Corsair vengeance 2X4gb 1600mhz-3.5k

Cooler-Cm hyper 212+ evo-2.1k[for ocing i5 2500k].

VERY SORRY there was a typo in the Budget :( .

its 28k not 25 . so can i go ahead with ASUS P8Z68V-PRO ? .

luckily i have a CM 212+ :)

& which one should i go for ? between ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z & ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO !!! ???

its 28k not 25 . so can i go ahead with ASUS P8Z68V-PRO ? .
Yep. Seems all good for the purpose. Go Ahead.

luckily i have a CM 212+
Nice you will save on a cooler for OC'ing

& which one should i go for ? between ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z & ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO !!! ???
Both are good if I were you I would take the V Pro don't need the extra bells and whistles of the ROG, compared to the premium it demands cost wise..

Will my PSU handle the mentioned/to be suggested, RIG ?
Yeah should be ok unless you start OC'ing like crazy, and don't swap the GPU :)

Do you really want an unlocked processor..? Otherwise the 2500 i5 is sufficient, and the 212 cooler will be great for it. you can save some there as well.

Whosover told you about boot loop, that was a long long time ago. And then too, it happened only after a failed oc (or if BCLK was overclocked). With the latest bioses there is no issues, atleast not with UD7-B3

thebanik said:
Whosover told you about boot loop, that was a long long time ago. And then too, it happened only after a failed oc (or if BCLK was overclocked). With the latest bioses there is no issues, atleast not with UD7-B3

Hmmm . Hows this mobo Gigabyte Z68XP UD3R ??? its GEN3 ver .

Intel Core i5 Sandy Bridge 2400 CPU - 10400

Asus P8H67-M-PRO - 8350

2 Corsair XMS3 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit - 3300

Total~~22,000INR

Best VFM suggestion IMO.

...to that add a 60Gb SSD to complete the upgrade.

:)

Why i5 2400 if op wants to oc,

i5 2500k+ASUS P8Z68V-PRO=12.7k

Add 60gb ssd as infected said,it will be a complete upgrade.
Infected said:
Total~~22,000INR

Best VFM suggestion IMO.

...to that add a 60Gb SSD to complete the upgrade.

:)

thegatekeeper said:
Why i5 2400 if op wants to oc,

i5 2500k+ASUS P8Z68V-PRO=12.7k

Add 60gb ssd as infected said,it will be a complete upgrade.

but where is the mobo available for 12.7k ???

^ No problem bud.

So which board should i go for ? V or the VPRO ???

i don't need extra sata connectors. just 2 or 1 sata 6gbps connectors would do .

Since the difference between two is only 1k then go for Asus P8Z68-V pro-14.3k,Rock solid features and great for ocing.
hector19 said:
^ No problem bud.

So which board should i go for ? V or the VPRO ???

i don't need extra sata connectors. just 2 or 1 sata 6gbps connectors would do .

:(

Hello Guys.

i just got my self a 2500k, Asus P8z68V & 4X2 Gskillrip jaws RAM .

After assembling everything, i switch on my PC & everything boots up fine i see a RED light on the mobo which is written BOOT_LED . But it boots up fine till Windows where i have to enter my password. NOW heres the problem.

Both Keyboard & Mouse is unresponsive :( . They work fine in the BIOS . but when i boot into Windows 7. the problem starts :( . They dont work, how ever the Numb lock light is lit up. The mouse light is also lit up.

Keyboard : DELL Keyboard ( the 300Rs one )

MOUSE : RAZER DEATH ADDER .

What could be the problem ? could it be coz i havent formattted my HDD & installed the OS ???

i have connected a 1TB HDD which was installed with Windows 7 64BIT working on an AMD Platform & i have connected the same HDD to this new setup . :ashamed: Could it because of this ?

Am on the latest Bios 902

hector19 said:
:(

Hello Guys.

i just got my self a 2500k, Asus P8z68V & 4X2 Gskillrip jaws RAM .

After assembling everything, i switch on my PC & everything boots up fine i see a RED light on the mobo which is written BOOT_LED . But it boots up fine till Windows where i have to enter my password. NOW heres the problem.

Both Keyboard & Mouse is unresponsive :( . They work fine in the BIOS . but when i boot into Windows 7. the problem starts :( . They dont work, how ever the Numb lock light is lit up. The mouse light is also lit up.

Keyboard : DELL Keyboard ( the 300Rs one )

MOUSE : RAZER DEATH ADDER .

What could be the problem ? could it be coz i havent formattted my HDD & installed the OS ???

i have connected a 1TB HDD which was installed with Windows 7 64BIT working on an AMD Platform & i have connected the same HDD to this new setup . :ashamed: Could it because of this ?

Am on the latest Bios 902

just do the clean install of windows, because you have changed your mobo so clean install is recommended. this should fix the problem.

^ The Fresh install is in progress as i type .

Hope this solves the issue .

Will Update :) Thanks a ton .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OMG :D ... IT Worked :)

Thank you very much. Reinstalled my OS & now it works fine :D .

but when i switch on the BOOT_LED ,MEM OK LED & VGA LED lits up for bout 2 seconds & goes out, But it boots fine now .

Guys, NOW a new ISSUE :( .

I get no display from GPU & onboard .

i hear no beep sounds, nothing.... i tried taking out my GPU GTX460 & connect my monitor to the onboard display but still no display, seems everything is okay on the mobo, the fans are spinning . Its fake booting :( .

Last nite all went well after clean installation of OS . But when i switched it on in the morning , am hit with this issue .

What i have tired : i cleared the CMOS .

Tried connection to the onbaord DVI port

Removed both RAMs & booted but i hear no BEEP sound too :(

Please help .

hector19 said:
^ The Fresh install is in progress as i type .

Hope this solves the issue .

Will Update :) Thanks a ton .

OMG :D ... IT Worked :)

Thank you very much. Reinstalled my OS & now it works fine :D .

but when i switch on the BOOT_LED ,MEM OK LED & VGA LED lits up for bout 2 seconds & goes out, But it boots fine now .

Guys, NOW a new ISSUE :( .

I get no display from GPU & onboard .

i hear no beep sounds, nothing.... i tried taking out my GPU GTX460 & connect my monitor to the onboard display but still no display, seems everything is okay on the mobo, the fans are spinning . Its fake booting :( .

Last nite all went well after clean installation of OS . But when i switched it on in the morning , am hit with this issue .

What i have tired : i cleared the CMOS .

Tried connection to the onbaord DVI port

Removed both RAMs & booted but i hear no BEEP sound too :(

Please help .

How many DVI ports your GPU have.? if there are more than one then connect the DVI cable with the very first DVI port.

Back