Sandybridge laptops in india?

^^ Vostros are such a waste with integrated GPUs. Unfortunately, the Sandy-bridge Inspirons too have disappointing GPUs. Best bet now is to go for the XPS ones which will have some decent GPUs for multimedia & gaming.

Hi All,

I was searching the net for the Sandy Bridge Procs and came across a few articles that stated that there is some bug in the chipset "Cougar Point." (Not in the processor itself). Point in case, the cnet article. Just google for Sandy Bridge Recall and you will see that article. Pretty detailed.

Can anyone in this forum please shed more light on this.
pauldmps - Thank you for suggesting that I should wait. I had posted a thread for buying a new laptop and you suggested that I should wait.

Hi Ankit,

Thank you so much man. Thats some relief !!

How do I know the one I am planning to buy wont have one of the defected ones ? You have stated that Intel rectified the problem, but what if, I end up getting a laptop that had the old chipset bug (I may end up getting a laptop that wasnt recalled)? Any ways I could check ?

You won't get the defected laptops in India since they were never launched here. Only very few chipsets were affected since Intel immediately halted shipments and recalled the ones which were already shipped (mostly in the US). So you don't need to worry on this. All newer launches will be free from defects.

^^ Thanks for your compliment. Just keep an habit of reading tech news from sites like Engadget & Techchunch. I'm sure you'll also be a guru in this field.

SB inspiron laptops will take time to come to india....probably another two months...they say that they want to mint the money by selling more expensive XPS series till the excitement susbsides

Back