Sapphire R9 390 issue

niraj21

Recruit
My asus b450e is showing white light on board, i removed my R9 390x sapphire card and replaced with a basic graphics card and it started working again, which means there is some issue with my graphics card, as it is out of warranty now, where can i get repaired in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai, do we have any sapphire service centre or is there any tech shop in mumbai which repairs graphic card.

Thankyou.

Looks too early to tell that the card is faulty. Do a CMOS reset. Check on another slot. If another system is available, check the card on that. Your card must be quite old so clean the contacts aswel

Yeah if it's out of warranty, you got nothing to lose. find a disassembly video and clean it with isoproyl alcohol and apply fresh thermal paste. If it works voila... else it was already deemed dead.

Yeah if it's out of warranty, you got nothing to lose. find a disassembly video and clean it with isoproyl alcohol and apply fresh thermal paste. If it works voila... else it was already deemed dead.
When the IP evaporates completely heat the card thoroughly with hairdryer.
( Please make sure to use the dryer only when you are sure that the IP has evaporated otherwise you may start a fire, so please be careful and do it at you own risk )

I would advise against doing that especially with cards having electrolyte based capacitors. They can burst on high heat.
Anyways, hairdryer doesn't not produce enough heat to reflow anything.
Few years back my card died I tried cleaning it with IP and repasting but it didn't helped.

Finally in my last try I heated thoroughly with a normal hair dryer it brought back my card to life

They do use it. Here's a pic of my 3070 FE and you can see electrolytic caps being used.

IMG_20210917_205258.jpg

PS: The stock thermal paste on FE cards is utter garbage tier.

Oh god... this really looks like a very risky process, i wish we had any authorise repair centres for graphic cards...
seems like i will have to wait for graphic card prices to come down.

Back